Port or Starboard Balcony - Allure Western

sed610

Hi All,

We are currently booked for a port side balcony on deck 12.

Due to some decent price drops we might upgrade to a JS "hump" balcony room on deck 6. Which side of the ship would be best for great views at the ports? Also maybe this is a stupid question - but I've heard of people picking a certain area/side of the ship that doesn't get as much sun.

To be honest I really don't think it matters. The side the ship docks on can change. I have done Western on Allure in a port side GS. Each time the ship docked with starboard side to the port! However, in Jamaica I could still see some land, just not the port. I still got great views though and there always seemed to be sun on the balcony.

Have a great cruise, you will love it regardless and at least you are on the ship!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

We just finished an Allure Western and while I do not know your preference of what you want your view to be I can tell you that at all the ports we stopped at including Labadee the ship docked on the starboard side. In falmouth they turn around and reversed in so if looking at all the pier side activity interests you i would say starboard.

View wise I was trying to see if there was a specific side that was better for beautiful views of the ports while sailing in and out. I've been told that either side we will be able to see a lot, but just wanted to check opinions on what was the best.

I'm also realizing that I should probably be concerned about which side gets a ton of sun during the heat of the day - my husband burns easily (redhead :) )

It doesn't seem to matter anymore we had starboard last week and we were portside every port even at Port Canaveral. I look at this way any view from the ship is better than any view I have at home or work. I would probably worry about it more on a cruise like Alaska.