Which Airlines are used Rio to Barcelona

hydro3

Hi there, we are looking at booking the Rio to Barcelona cruise that occurs in April next year. The flights are still an unknown so I was looking at maybe booking our own instead of through regent.

Does anyone have any experience with which airlines Regent uses on for this trip? We are out of Boise, Idaho in the US. For the cost of the upgrades to get into business class through regent it looks like it might be better to book these flights separately.

Thank you.

There is no set answer. We are flying from Vancouver, B.C. to Seattle to Atlanta, GA and then onto Rio (we are on the same cruise as you are). We are on American Airlines. Returning from Barcelona we are on British Airways which is available at no extra charge in Canada but not in the U.S. (IMPORTANT NOTE: contracts with BA are currently in negotiation so things could change).

Right now if we used Regent it looks like our connections would go from BOI -> MSP ->ATL -> GIG on the way out which seems like a lot of flying around the US to try and go south east.

The Star Alliance flights out of BOI, go to either Houston or Denver before heading down to Panama City then Brazil .... and they have decent rates for upgraded seats at $1700pp.

Yea I have "googled" them usually I use the ITAmatrix to come up with the codes and routing before talking with the TA. The only problem with the whole thing is the TA, my mom who is going on the trip loves her TA ... me and my wife not so much.

So it seems when we do use her we have to do a lot of leg work to make sure she is checking out everything she should be, and then have to do a lot of followup.