2 Questions about Upcoming Liberty Trip

chrislo

We will be traveling on the Liberty Nov 23rd and I have 2 questions I hope someone can answer for me.

1) We want to book the Steak Restaurant but I know my 8yo DS won’t eat anything on the menu. I know I have to pay the $35 up charge for him and that's ok but can he still order from the children’s menu or get plain pasta?

2) Is there a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner served on Thanksgiving? If not that would be the night I book Steak.

They will have Thanksgiving dinner, yes.

I am sure that the steakhouse staff will make sure they get something for your son to eat.

If you use the "Ask John" method to request a reservation, there is a place to write a message. Mention that your son is a picky eater and provide a few ideas of what he might like (grilled cheese, hot dog, buttered noodles). I read onece that they served chicken nuggets to a picky child.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john

you can order the steakhouse steaks at the MDR now for $20. might be something to think about, instead of paying $35/pp for 3 and your son not eating, save some money, go to the MDR and order from the steakhouse menu for $20 and let your son get the kids meal there?

If he doesn't eat a steakhouse ENTREE, there shouldn't be a cost for him. If there is, a steakhouse manager will be able to remove the cover charge. When you get onboard, talk to the MDR hostess and she will be able to arrange for an alternate meal from the dining room (including items from the kid's menu) to be delivered to the steakhouse. It's probably best to arrange this on the first day of the cruise.

Alternatively, you can attempt to set this up ahead of time by reaching out directly to the Liberty's steakhouse and Maître d'. The email addresses are as follows:

Steakhouse:

listeakhouse@carnival.com

Maître d':

limaitred@carnival.com

Edited by Disconnections

Not sure if this would work for you, but when we were on Liberty last year, we feed my son from the buffet, took him to the kids club, and had dinner just my husband and I. It worked out well--my son would rather play than sit for a long "fancy" dinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app