Queens Grill Dining Decorum Query

straightupwithatwist

I was considering a Princess Grill cabin for my next cruise, which has the same dinner seating arrangements as Queens Grill and this thread has raised a question for me. Is it expected that everyone at a table will eat at the same time so that? If I decide on an early dinner and am joined by tablemates while I am eating dessert am I expected to sit there while everyone else goes through all their courses. Do diners agree to a set time and then everyone show up at that time every day? This seems to defeat the whole point of the flexibility of no set dining time.

You don't HAVE to do anything. You can sit a table for two, four, six etc and dine exactly as you wish in your own time.

However, in my experience, and it seems at odds with others, it has always been a mutually agreed thing, we turn up at a similar time to each other and dine as a table. That isn't to say we all leave at the same time if someone wants to fit in a show and it's not necessarily at the same time every night.

I would imagine, you'll get the same dissimilar thoughts for PG dining.