Freedom or Oasis?

I know there just as good, but know nothing about these ships, other than what I read. I've only sailed Carnival. Oasis it seems more about the ship than the ports. If you could comment on the pros and cons about the two, I would appreciate it. We're looking at 2016 for our 10 year anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both are beautiful. I think Oasis is more like a resort . You don't need to leave the ship on port days. I think this was RCCL,idea. Spend money on the ship. We just booked Freedom for the second time . I was having trouble deciding so I just decided to book a GS and the price was better on the Freedom.

You will enjoy both just pick the itinerary and the price you are willing to spend

I'm laughing guess I wasn't much help. But it's hard for me you just can't go wrong

I've been on both and both are great. I wouldn't necessarily go with the cheapest. Go with what your budget allows. The Oasis is a spectacular ship, completely different animal from the Freedom. I don't know when the Freedom of the Seas will be fitted for DD. If you want that go with the Oasis, if you want the more traditional dining, go with the Freedom of the Seas. Both will be great experiences.

I know there just as good, but know nothing about these ships, other than what I read. I've only sailed Carnival. Oasis it seems more about the ship than the ports. If you could comment on the pros and cons about the two, I would appreciate it. We're looking at 2016 for our 10 year anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with several posters that said Oasis is a destination itself. If money were not an option I would choose Oasis every time. But other factors to consider are their ports. For us Freedom is driveable, saving on airfare. FLL is much easier to get to from the airport if you are flying anyway. On the Oasis you will probably walk more, so if mobility is a concern, Freedom is smaller.

Both are beautiful ships. I know, take the freedom for 10 and Oasis for 11. ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've been on Allure and Freedom- loved them both! They have mostly the same stuff, Oasis just has a few more things like a Boardwalk and the AquaTheatre, which are both pretty cool! Unless you are on the very upper decks of Oasis (in the public areas), you feel more like you are on a ship when you are on Freedom as it has a walkway (promenade) that you can walk around outside the ship and Oasis doesn't. Just a few things to think about...

. Oasis it seems more about the ship than the ports.

I'm finding that statement has become cliche. True it goes to less ports in 7 days than others, but I don't see them going out of site of the Florida coast sand sitting there for a week.

For a special occasion you want a special ship for remembrance of your 10th anniversary.

Oasis is that ship.

When boarding go the 8th deck and get yourself a roast beef sandwich (kimmelweck).

This little sandwich made me book another cruise on the Oasis in a GS. Over 6 grand for a measly sandwich - crazy - go figure - but true.

The entertainment is top notch and be sure to enjoy the specialty restaurants.

Enjoy your anniversary and enjoy your cruise.

Yes, this was our dilemma too! We are going on a Spring Break cruise in April and flying into Orlando to spend a few days at Disney and then heading on a week cruise. We went back and forth for weeks between Oasis and Freedom. In the end we chose Freedom since it was less expensive and we didn't have to do the 4 hour drive from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. It was such a tough decision though! Honestly, you will be happy with whatever you choose. :)

What's your thought on a balcony guarantee on the Oasis? Is it worth it and are they cheaper?

If there is a guarantee available, the pricing will show up on Royal's website. You can compare the guarantee price with the regular price and decide if it's worth it to you.