What do you think about wearing.....

black leather pants on a "non" formal night? Okay before you crack up because I know its a cruise to the Caribbean in MAY...and I know its hot and blah blah blah...BUT I REALLY worked my but off (literally) to fit into these pants. They are not "tight" or trashy looking, and I have a really nice black top (from banana republic) to go with it.

My question...am I gonna look ridiculous? You don't have to be kind (my mother wasn't). (LOL)

I think you will be the only one wearing leather! Most everyone else will be in summery colors and fabrics. You will really be HOT HOT HOT! Congratulations on "working your butt off" icon_wink.gif--show it off by wearing something cool and clingy,instead.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Congrats on fitting into those pants! I would have to agree with Char. Treat yourself to a night out somewhere not quite so warm as the Caribbean. Leather might look a little odd there. icon_smile.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

icon_eek.gif IMHO, black leather says fall/winter. Now, if they were off-white or baby pink.....hmmm. There are leather clothes that are almost paper thin and are made to be worn in warmer weather. Since pastels are the thing right now, the thin leathers in pastels would work for me, but, sorry, not black.

Congrats for the body changes and have a great cruise!

Karen icon_wink.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My first cruise is still ahead of me, so I'm not the best reference, but I think leather would look very strange. Save it for cooler weather at home - or a winter cruise. (I do LOVE leather pants though!)

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I agree with MadelineRose.

BLack leather pants will look waaay too wintery on a cruise.

However, if you have the $$$ to splurge, treat yourself to a pair of pastel or white unlined leather pants. With a tank top and strappy sandals, you'll be the envy of all those who eat too much! icon_wink.gif

Jane

Archived