Halloween on the High Seas

axelskater

I am thinking of booking a "Halloween on the High Seas" voyage for next year, and although I have been reading the "Disney Cruise Blog", has anyone here been on board to experience it this year? I would be taking my mom on the Dream on a 4 day voyage. The tree, decorations, etc. all look fabulous...any pix or experiences? Thanks!

I am thinking of booking a "Halloween on the High Seas" voyage for next year, and although I have been reading the "Disney Cruise Blog", has anyone here been on board to experience it this year? I would be taking my mom on the Dream on a 4 day voyage. The tree, decorations, etc. all look fabulous...any pix or experiences? Thanks!

We just got off 3 Halloween on the High Seas cruises. I have some pictures of the decorations. But I'm still sorting. I'll have to come back and post.

We didn't do any of the Halloween activities as that's not why we were on the cruise. But there was a costume contest and other things on one day/evening on each cruise. I'll get the Navigators out and make a list of things that were offered.

They had Nightmare Before Christmas 3D in the Walt Disney Theatre one night (late).

Found one, this was the Halloween Tree when we boarded:

30n7jaa.jpg

Just got back from 4 night dream not quite a week ago. Will come back tomorrow or Friday with pictures. Pumpkin and Halloween decorations throughout ship but most heavy in lobby. As soon in previous poster's tree pic the tree was empty when we boarded but by day 2 had pumpkins. Lots of people dressed in costume including adults for the costume day - I'd guess almost as many as dressed up for the pirate night.

One night they left a plastic bag with probably 12 pieces of candy in our room. We travelled with our almost 1 year old so we did not see the Nightmare before Christmas. Characters were also dressed in Halloween costumes for some meet and greets.

I'll have to go back thru the navigators to see what all was done. You definitely noticed the Halloween theming but I think it's probably not quite as eventful as the holiday/ Christmas season sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LissyTx
forgot tree comment

Thank you - can't wait to see the pictures! I am guessing many others want to see this new experience which Disney rolled out on all ships this year. Fall is my favorite time of year, and my mom & I have seen Disney World at Christmas many times (including going this year) and this would be our 1st Halloween/Fall Parks & Cruise combo.

we have done several Halloween cruises even long before they made it a big "event" Always fun seeing entire families dressed in themes, evening costume party. Even though we don't dress up, it sure is fun to watch.