thomson dreamliner

dd79

hi we are flying thomson dreamliner to barbados in january and i am trying to find out the price of upgradeing to premium and if anyone feels that the upgrade is worthwhile thanks :)

There is definitely extra leg room on the Dreamliner and kind of disco lights in the cabin and definitely bigger windows that you can control (no not the opening, the brightness...). People were raving over it ... I thought it was quite nice! :)

It depends on how much it is really, and the length of the flight, as there is definitely a lot more leg room in economy. Sorry can't be of more help.

hi we are flying thomson dreamliner to barbados in january and i am trying to find out the price of upgradeing to premium and if anyone feels that the upgrade is worthwhile thanks :)
You may find that it is already fully booked its roughly £ 275 each return i think,, we have booked already for 2016 but you only pay the deposit so not sure of the exact amount

hi thanks for that info but do you know how we can book seats cruise personaliser says only available 9 weeks before cruise :)[/QUOT Just ring P and O direct i did and the sorted it in minutes only thing is you cannot choose which seats in Premium until 9 weeks before but you guaranteed to get sat together

hi thanks for that info but do you know how we can book seats cruise personaliser says only available 9 weeks before cruise :)

We have only flown premium and apart from the hassle of having to stow the TV to get in andout of the window or middle seats we found it OK. The flight time was on average three quarters of an hour less. Will be in economy on our return trip from our next cruise all the premium had been sold. A problem because there are fewer than in the TC Airbus or Thomson 767's

Book them now with your TA there may be non left 9 weeks before your cruise.

Cb

Think i read somewhere drinks are free on long haul flights on dreamliner not sure if this is right though :)

Seems to be a bit of a grey area this one.

You probably have read somewhere the announcement that Thomson are to include free drinks on long haul flights from November this year, but no one seems to know if the P&O charters will follow suit.

But it's not really a big deal either way as usually "free drinks" are limited to a free drink after take off and a quarter bottle of wine with your meal, it's not a free and open bar throughout the flight.

:D

We have only flown premium and apart from the hassle of having to stow the TV to get in andout of the window or middle seats we found it OK. The flight time was on average three quarters of an hour less. Will be in economy on our return trip from our next cruise all the premium had been sold. A problem because there are fewer than in the TC Airbus or Thomson 767's

Book them now with your TA there may be non left 9 weeks before your cruise.

Cb

We are booked for next November. I think Premium was £299, or so. We always use premium for long haul, to us it's worth it, but each to their own. if you don't book premium at the time you book the cruise, you will probably not get them. They WILL sell out. I didn't realise we landed 3/4 hour before economy .:D

On the P&O charters, the on board service is specified by P&O, so it should be the same no matter which plane or company you fly with.

Information here

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/flights/Charter_DrinksMeals_diet

Brian

Looks from your link that the one free drink allowed the last time we flew to Barbados (the wine with the meal) is now a thing of the past. We remember the days of a free bar all the way there and back !!!

Looks from your link that the one free drink allowed the last time we flew to Barbados (the wine with the meal) is now a thing of the past. We remember the days of a free bar all the way there and back !!!

Sad those days have gone and all costs are so tightly controlled on charter flights. It's good that they are bringing back a quarter bottle of wine with the meal on long haul routes (excluding private charters) but the only "free" bars these days are on scheduled flights.

It seems clear on P&O site no free bar unless in premium ,won't make any differance to me and my husband won't mind paying for it .

And the more you buy the happier the crew become, its all about the SPH - spend per head and the commission on the bar sales they will make!