"Something BIG"

cjnix29

On pins & needles :D

I really am Larry! My final payment is due tomorrow and my PVP asked for me to call him back the day before final payment (which is today!) to make sure he was getting the me the best deal possible. You know I'm calling him during lunch today.

I really am Larry! My final payment is due tomorrow and my PVP asked for me to call him back the day before final payment (which is today!) to make sure he was getting the me the best deal possible. You know I'm calling him during lunch today.

Good luck on a better price! I always like those price drops. :D

You're right. They keep changing the front page. The URL it now goes to is http://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals.aspx?icid=CC_12salepreview_hmpg_2678

I think the Carnival live series is supposed to be announced today or very soon though too. :)

He said a couple of days ago that it would be announced this week. I couldn't find the banner on the front page last night, I could only see it on the Deals page. Hoping for something that equals some more OBC, but not banking on it.

Yeah, I'm thinking Carnival live. Perhaps they have a few big acts booked. The link to deals could be deals on cabins for these sailings.

I'm more interested in this cryptic statement from John Heald on Monday:

Now I cant (sic) tell you any more so please don’t ask me but something special is coming by years end and lots of the beards here in Miami are working feverishly on this and it is very, very exciting. Yes, yes I am a tease but having spent time early this morning talking about it with the beards I can see how excited they are about this and I have absolute certainty that you will be too.

This is probably the silliest question, but I have class right as the 'surprise' starts and my phone is currently not working...if it is a sale do you think if I checked back around 1pm central time I'd be safe to still take part in whatever this is?

Not saying I'd skip class for a chance to get OBC or anything...:p

Just looked up my December cruise on the elation, and it looks like an GTY oceanview room is $400.

We paid $558 for our Oceanview room.

It's too bad I can't price match to the GTY, but then again if I did I might wind up with a better room.

This is probably the silliest question, but I have class right as the 'surprise' starts and my phone is currently not working...if it is a sale do you think if I checked back around 1pm central time I'd be safe to still take part in whatever this is?

Not saying I'd skip class for a chance to get OBC or anything...:p

:eek::eek:Seriously? I wouldn't worry about it. Carnival always has a lot of hype over things that are very disappointing. I would be surprised if it was anything noteable.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

:eek::eek:Seriously? I wouldn't worry about it. Carnival always has a lot of hype over things that are very disappointing. I would be surprised if it was anything noteable.

Good to know. This is my first time actually paying attention to Carnival to watch for PD's so I'm still learning. I'm assuming even if it was a sale I'd be able to get in on it after class anyway...I mean, it's gotta last more than an hour right? Oh well.

Its a good sale but not great because with anything that is too good to be true there's a catch. Its a 12 hour $40 per day sale on cruises through December but you have to let Carnival pick your cabin. I just received $154 OBC but I lost the OV cabin I originally picked and Carnival will choose a different OV room at a later date. Usually I wouldn't risk it, but its only a 3 day cruise so I'm willing to take a chance.

Its a good sale but not great because with anything that is too good to be true there's a catch. Its a 12 hour $40 per day sale on cruises through December but you have to let Carnival pick your cabin. I just received $154 OBC but I lost the OV cabin I originally picked and Carnival will choose a different OV room at a later date. Usually I wouldn't risk it, but its only a 3 day cruise so I'm willing to take a chance.

If it is not to be announced until noon how do you know what kind of sale it is and how did you already get the sale??

Just checked out some sailings and looks like a 12 hr sale. Talking to Hubby!!:D

I got the email also and came on here to see if there are any "answers/info", reading quickly through the thread.

Crazy----I read yours way too quickly because I saw "12 yr sale" instead of 12 hr. Whaaaat? I could just see me booking a bunch of cruises for dates through the next 12 years! Glad I re-read! :eek: