Question: Stateroom TV

gavinfromlondon

I wondered if anyone could advise what channels are available on the stateroom TV (we are going on the Wonder). In particular, are there Disney channels and movies? Ordinarily we would take Disney DVDs for my daughter to watch but if there's going to be a regular supply on the TV we won't bother.

Many thanks

Yes, you'll find Disney movies on the in-room TV's.

The actual channels available during your cruise will vary according to ships location and satellite reception. In general though you'll get the major networks (especially ABC, which is owned by Disney) and children's programming as well.

the last few years, the TV has gone to an "on demand" style rather than the old list of channels with fixed programming. There are the news and sports channels which do depend on your location and time. But the sitcoms, dramas and movies can be seen at any time.

What I love about that is we can pause a movie and play it again when we return to our room. We can actually see an entire movie start to finish now instead of scattered sections at a time and hope we see it all before we leave.

And I believe you can even view your bill online too.

While I don't remember the exact lineup I can tell you that the Dream and Fantasy have IP TV service w/ on-demand programming and such, whereas the Wonder and Magic have the legacy systems. Having been on the Magic several times recently I can tell you that there is ample programming on the legacy system to entertain kids and adults. As much as I love hanging around the ship I find myself watching much more Disney programming at sea than I watch TV in general on land.

the last few years, the TV has gone to an "on demand" style rather than the old list of channels with fixed programming. There are the news and sports channels which do depend on your location and time. But the sitcoms, dramas and movies can be seen at any time.

What I love about that is we can pause a movie and play it again when we return to our room. We can actually see an entire movie start to finish now instead of scattered sections at a time and hope we see it all before we leave.

And I believe you can even view your bill online too.

Sorry, all of the above is only true of the new ships. On the Magic, September, 2014 it was the"old" system of movies having start and stop times.

To OP, on the Classic ships there are multiple channels showing non-stop Disney movies....in addition to those in the BV theatre and on the big screen on the pool deck.

The "on demand" system on the new ships has no charge. It just allows you to choose any movie in the system to start and stop any time you wish.

Edited by moki'smommy