Luggage express SWA Fort Lauderdale

mmckm

I did a seach and everything i found was about 5 years ago. At the end of our cruise we arrive in the Port of Fort Lauderdale. Does carnival offer luggage express to the Fort Lauderdale airport for South west airlines. I also read on my search that Southwest has a service from the port that you can check your bags at the port, do they still have this service also.

I did a seach and everything i found was about 5 years ago. At the end of our cruise we arrive in the Port of Fort Lauderdale. Does carnival offer luggage express to the Fort Lauderdale airport for South west airlines. I also read on my search that Southwest has a service from the port that you can check your bags at the port, do they still have this service also.

We were on the Dream and had luggage express. There was a form to fill out and they picked up your luggage from your cabin the night before and taken to the airport. You did not have to worry about it until you got off the plane. However, that was about 3 years ago. That was for Southwest Airlines.

Edited by rwest898

Was it from the Port at Fort Lauderdale?

We were on the Dream and had luggage express. There was a form to fill out and they picked up your luggage from your cabin the night before and taken to the airport. You did not have to worry about it until you got off the plane. However, that was about 3 years ago. That was for Southwest Airlines.

We did it in May of this year from the Freedom at Port Everglades to FLL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ditto!! :) No problems at all! SWA (and probably most others), and the baggage company providing the service seem to have it down pat!

We watched the truck load up the LE luggage at the port from our balcony on the Freedom last May, while were waiting to debark the ship. They had the luggage all sorted out before loading and heading to the airport.

We arrived back in JAX, and our luggage was waiting on the SWA belt when we reached the baggage area.:)

Did it from FLL last year and we glad we did. Got off the ship in a torrential downpour and it was SO much easier to just grab a taxi without the luggage. The driver couldn't get to us soon enough when he saw we didn't have luggage because inspite of the covered waiting area everyone was getting soaked. Well worth the charge.

Yes they still have it and it is still $20.00 per person. We did it on the Freedom on October 5th, 2014. It was well worth it, was wonderful to not deal with our bags until we were home. I did notice all four of our bags were checked by TSA, that was interesting but no cause for concern as nothing was in them that shouldn't have been.

We're on the Breeze in January from Miami, but we are flying into/out of FLL. I hope that LE is an option since it's such a cheaper flight.

Hopefully it will be for you. The last time I was on the Breeze in 2013, and we flew in/out in FLL it was not available for some reason. Maybe it is working now. I was really disappointed because it made everything so easy on the Dream.