Amazing response from Carnival Price Protection

udamudda

ok, I just went on Carnival's site to see what it says and here is their verbiage

IT PAYS TO PLAN AHEAD

Carnival's Early Saver program

At Carnival, we're all about you having the time of your life. That's a lot easier to do if you aren't worrying about whether that guy lounging next to you in the pool found a better deal than you, right? With our Early Saver program, you can book your cruise vacation early and know you got a great deal!

Here's how the Early Saver program works:

1. When you book a 3-5 day cruise three months in advance, or 6 day or longer cruise five months in advance, you are assured the

lowest rate with a cabin assignment.

2. In the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly. Simply fill out the Price Protection Claim form and we'll take care of the rest. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection Claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you.

I think you can only get price drops from rates directly from Carnival

If you book with an outside agency or an online booking tool like Travelocity, and you see a price drop, you need to check Carnival's site and compare the pricing. If the price is lowered on Carnival's site, you will get the difference with your Early Savers. If it is a sale for instance at Travelocity and not at Carnival, then Carnival isn't going to match that.

We always book Early Savers and have never had a problem with price drop credits. We also are eligible for military rates even though we very rarely book that rate and we only submitted our DD214 once years ago. As a precaution, I take a screen shot of the price reduction submission form request and a screen shot of Carnival's website showing the lower price. It works every time.

I wonder how many people are checking for price drops and are not realizing that they might be looking at another price category than the one they originally booked???? I don't know. I just know that we have been fortunate to take a lot of cruises, and have never had a problem getting our OBC. I agree with the other posters who suggest to always go through a Carnival PVP and not another online travel agency.

last night at 10:23 pm I sent in 2 price protection forms for 2 cruises we have booked for Feb. 2015 and within 5 minutes I had an e-mail honoring this request! I was amazed at the speed with which we received this reply.

I do believe it is my responsibility to watch the prices and then follow through to get the price reductions. Thanks Carnival for being so efficient!!

TA sites are never supposed to have a lower advertised price, and I've never ever seen them offer a lower rate from what was on Carnival's site. The only thing they offer to make it more enticing to book with them is obc, maybe some freebies, and lower deposit incentives. If the OP saw a military rate, it would have been the same on Carnival, and I'm glad this worked out in the end.