best night for Portofino

In my mind it's the night they serve the venitian menu. Neither the wife or I like anything on that one so, it's a great night for Chops or Portifino's.

Do you have a port that you'll want to stay as late as possible in, making it hard to get to dinner ontime? That would be a good night for specialty restaurants. Is there a particular menu you don't like as much as the others? That's also a good night to go. The people taking the reservations can tell you which night what menu is served and what port and port times you'll have each day of the trip. This is what I use to make my decisions on.

For our upcoming Med trip, we selected late seating but, my wife wanted to take the late evening gondola ride in Venice. That particular night will be one of our evenings in the specialty restaurants since the shore excursion will interfere with our dinner seating time.

I did notice that it is still saying late seating requested rather than late seating confirmed on my papework. If for some reason we're stuck in early seating, then that will change some of our other plans as well and we may end up eating in the specialty restaurants a couple of more times. I'm planning on spending as much time in port as possible in a couple of places and dinner seating time is not going to dictate how much time I spend in port. Even if we end up dining at some little restaurant on shore rather than eating onboard.

We almost always go the first night. The menu in the dining room isn't the best of the week and it is easy to get reservations as soon as you board. We always go to our table first to let our tablemates and waiter know that we will not be joining them but will be there the remaining nights.

My family and I went on Tues. night (on the 9 night Western Caribbean on the Voyager. It was Caribbean night, and I learned from these threads that it was a great night to go. Had a WONDERFUL meal at Portofino's , and would definitely do it again. Life is all about the little treats!!!

We were on the AOS in May. We went to Portofino's on Wednesday night which, I believe, was also Italian night.

As soon as you get to your cabin, check the Cruise Compass. It will list all of the theme nights for the entire cruise. We booked Portofino's based on that agenda.

ENJOY!!

We were on the AOS in May. We went to Portofino's on Wednesday night which, I believe, was also Italian night.

As soon as you get to your cabin, check the Cruise Compass. It will list all of the theme nights for the entire cruise. We booked Portofino's based on that agenda.

ENJOY!!

Thanks!

Archived