Anything around airport - what to do after ship docks

alb38

We will be on Serenade in November/December and I need to know if there is anything to do within distance of San Juan Airport? We have a 3:30 flight and we are currently using RCCL transfers to go from ship to airport - I would like to know if there is anything to do. We wanted to go back to OSJ but not sure of what to do with luggage? Should we use ship transfers or taxi on our own. Is there anywhere to store luggage in OSJ while we walk around?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

We did a tour of San Juan on the day of departure that was offered on the ship(Golden Princess). The tour was only able to be booked on board.The cruise line took the luggage to the airport. The tour ended at the airport where we claimed our luggage and checked in.

What about your carry-on bags? Did you have to carry those around with you on the walking tour? Thanks for any info!

We were able to leave it on the bus, as the driver either stayed with the bus or locked the bus.

itsjb1 - Do you think we would be able to do a tour of OSJ by taxi? We are departing at 2:45p.m., so we have a couple of hours to see a few sights hopefully. I presume the taxi would just keep all of our luggage in the vehicle (if we happen to get out and walk around somewhere, i.e. El Morro??). :)

itsjb1 - Do you think we would be able to do a tour of OSJ by taxi? We are departing at 2:45p.m., so we have a couple of hours to see a few sights hopefully. I presume the taxi would just keep all of our luggage in the vehicle (if we happen to get out and walk around somewhere, i.e. El Morro??). :)

You probably can. However, when we took a cab from the airport to the hotel the taxi driverspoke very little English. You may be better off looking for a local tour company.

See the post above which was posted by 'sueiam' about later flights out of San Juan for an idea which I responded to.

Nothing much to do around the airport with out a taxi - airport is terribly crowded on Sat. and Sun. until afternoon - then it thins out and the lines are MUCH shorter after about 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.

Kaye

• 2 weeks later...
We did a tour of San Juan on the day of departure that was offered on the ship(Golden Princess). The tour was only able to be booked on board.The cruise line took the luggage to the airport. The tour ended at the airport where we claimed our luggage and checked in.

We will be going on the Golden Princess in October & were thinking of doing one of the tours offered. Which tour was it that you took? Was it worth it & would you recommend it?

There is a place in Old San Juan called Burrachina (spelling could be wrong) that allows people to check their luggage while they go off and see San Juan. There is a restaurant there and I believe a hotel and some shops. We left our things there for several hours before we left for the airport.

When you leave the cruise terminal just tell the taxi coordinator what you are looking to do. They will have a taxi get you to the right place. I did not know the name of the place at the time but when I explained that I wanted to check luggage for a few hours while we visited Old San Juan they knew exactly where to have the taxi bring us.

Archived