change in itinerary

fromsea2sea

Tell her to enjoy the ride! This has happened to me and we just went out to sea further. She certainly would not want to ride it out in a storm! Grand Cayman is awesome!

yeah, she is good with the changes, she was looking forward to the new ports though, been to the others, but she will still have a great time.

We just got off the Ecstasy on Friday. We sat at dinner one couple who was on the boat when they found 41 Cubans floating in a raft. By maritime law, the boat had to rescue all of them and bring them back to Cuba. The ports they were going to were cancelled because of the wasted time. There was no refunds or credits given neither. I guess they can change the schedule for almost whatever reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At least she's not cruising in circles and gets to go to other ports! When the swine flu epidemic hit a few years back, Mexico was closed and we just made huge 'donuts' in the middle of the ocean with several other ships. Carnival managed to get us a berth in Nassau for half a day. Quite frankly I was happy with staying at sea.

We just got off the Ecstasy on Friday. We sat at dinner one couple who was on the boat when they found 41 Cubans floating in a raft. By maritime law, the boat had to rescue all of them and bring them back to Cuba. The ports they were going to were cancelled because of the wasted time. There was no refunds or credits given neither. I guess they can change the schedule for almost whatever reasons.

Wow...our May 29th cruise will be the Ecstasy from Miami, Friday to Monday. Hope that does not happen to us.

wow,, I understand they had to do what was required, but they should have made it up in some way, we pay a lot of money to board their ships and have a great vacation and choosing the ports we want to see is part of the plan. I realize they do not have to do anything, but it would be nice if they did.

At least she's not cruising in circles and gets to go to other ports! When the swine flu epidemic hit a few years back, Mexico was closed and we just made huge 'donuts' in the middle of the ocean with several other ships. Carnival managed to get us a berth in Nassau for half a day. Quite frankly I was happy with staying at sea.

you have a wonderful point, and I agree, I myself am just as happy at sea, I guess in the future we need to keep that in mind, we choose the ports we want to see, but tell ourselves, we may not get to, if we wind up getting to, just an added bonus, lol thanks for the reply

my daughter just called from Nassau, said they changed the itinerary because of bad weather, they wont be going to st. Thomas or st. martin :mad::confused: they are routing to Cozumel and grand cayman instead. oh well, best to be safe.

She got a better deal than we did. On the Glory in 2005, we developed engine problems going into our first port of Nassau. Instead of St. Thomas and St. Maartin, we ended up in Freeport and Key West. Our table mates were upset because they lived in Florida and could have driven to Key West. We did a lot of just sitting idle in the ocean. It would get so hot that the Captain would move the ship around a little just to create some air movement. Then he would idle again for an hour or so.

On the way back to PC, a small boat met us underway and dropped off the part to fix it. The next cruise went out on time without a hitch.

Edited by RWolver672