Early or Late

kenmerloo

Like Kenmerloo i am also a newbie to cruising. I figured I'd check out of my hotel room at 11am and head to the ship. After reading this thread I actually learned nothing, so I will carry on with my original game plan and hope for the best. I do have a question, what is a 2b2?

Don't feel bad, I'm new to Princess but not to cruising with other lines. This thread has been rather amusing and confusing to say the least! And if it's any consolation you would have had the same wide and very different responses on most other cruise boards!

Stick to your plan and you will be just fine!

i'll probably do the same as madjohn. I either have to kill 2-3hrs in Ft. Lauderdale dragging my luggage around or head to the ship, get on as soon as we can and start enjoying ourselves! Someone mentioned a ship tour, is that like an orientation tour or an indepth tour?

i'll probably do the same as madjohn. I either have to kill 2-3hrs in Ft. Lauderdale dragging my luggage around or head to the ship, get on as soon as we can and start enjoying ourselves! Someone mentioned a ship tour, is that like an orientation tour or an indepth tour?

Orientation to mostly get you acquainted with areas in which you can spend $$$ - i.e. spa, alternate restaurants, etc.

Thank you

OP I believe you are on October 27th Island Princess through Panama Canal. We are on that also. Our cruise personalizar indicates staggered boarding based upon cabin location. You might want to take a look. ;)

Looking forward to our meet and greet.

Edited by savingthedate

OP I believe you are on October 27th Island Princess through Panama Canal. We are on that also. Our cruise personalizar indicates staggered boarding based upon cabin location. You might want to take a look. ;)

Looking forward to our meet and greet.

Hi Saving the date. Yes, looks like we are on the same cruise. I have searched the personalizer high and low, but can not find that information. Not to worry, we will just show up at noon.

Really looking forward to our first cruise.

Hi Saving the date. Yes, looks like we are on the same cruise. I have searched the personalizer high and low, but can not find that information. Not to worry, we will just show up at noon.

Really looking forward to our first cruise.

What a great way to start!

Under itinerary:

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times after dropping off luggage and clearing security. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please arrive at the start of cruise check-in times below. Once on board, enjoy a meal at Horizon Court which remains open throughout the day to serve you. 12:30 pm - Aloha Deck - Cabins begin with A 1:00 pm - Caribe Deck - Cabins begin with C 1:30 pm - Baja & Plaza Decks - Cabins begin with B & P 2:00 pm - Dolphin & Emerald Decks - Cabins begin with D & E All guests must be onboard one hour prior to sailing. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Island Princess.

if i do show up at noon and find the lines overly long do i have an option? is there a bar/restaurant in the port area?.....food truck.....guy with a cooler of beer? ;)

Good question. I'd like to know that too. We're flying in that morning and will have some waiting time.

if i do show up at noon and find the lines overly long do i have an option? is there a bar/restaurant in the port area?.....food truck.....guy with a cooler of beer? ;)

It's been over a year since I cruised Princess out of FLL, but from what I remember, there are vending machines....that's it. And there were pricey. So bring snacks & water with you if you're going to get there between 11-12 and wait to board.

We got there @ 11-ish and it took about 90 minutes (most of that just sitting for our boarding group). But we were on and in our room by 12:30, so once they started actual boarding, it went quickly. It's really up to you if you want to get there early & sit, or show up @ 2 and walk right on (which is what I've heard is the case.) We are actually going out of FLL again this Feb, and I'm tempted to go eat lunch elsewhere and board later this time.

On our last cruise out of FLL we got to the terminal between 10 and 10:30, we were Ruby, so, IOW, peon class. We checked in and we led to a seating area.

We boarded by 11:30 am and were in our room so fast....we actually had to wait to go to the MDR for lunch!

Edited by AKman2495

On our last cruise out of FLL we got to the terminal between 10 and 10:30, we were Ruby, so, IOW, peon class. We checked in and we led to a seating area.

We boarded by 11:30 am and were in our room so fast....we actually had to wait to go to the MDR for lunch!

this will be our last Ruby level so yeah .... peon. Since our cruise has staggered boarding, I hope they will let us on anyway. We plan to go from airport to terminal, we're waiting regardless.