Flip Flops

I'm sure this isn't a new topic. When I'm on deck during at sea days, I love cushy flip flops. WELL, I just bought the most adorable pair called Toegoz. They're called "the formal flip flop". I got them in black and white gingham check and they are so adorable and comfortable, they'll match with everything. Now, 34.00 for flip flops is a bit much as the DH reminded me as we walked out of the store, but they're toooo cute to pass up. I found them online first, and then found a retailer in my area. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

Toegoz.com

happy cruising!!

Andi, if you love those flip flops soo much I suggest you run out and purchase another pair immediately before they are gone. You will wear them on your cruise and want to save them for your next one as well, BUT you will be tempted to wear them all summer. Then you may not have them for your next cruise. LOL

The number one rule for cruise shoes of any type is ARE THEY SAFE TO WEAR AROUND WATER? This is the Cruise Fashion Board shoe test. Pour some water on your kitchen floor and wear the new shoes for a while and see if you tend to slip or not as you shuffle through the puddles. If they are regular shoes and seem slippery then rough em up with sand paper a bit and break em in BEFORE THE CRUISE. Nothing quite as sad a new pair of shoes that remains in the cabin cuz you can't trust em on deck or around the pool.

PS< I wore my dressy flip flops to casual dinner once and no one said boo to me about it. Heck, who looks under the table at our feet. LOL

Mari

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wore my dressy flip flops to casual dinner once and no one said boo to me about it. Heck, who looks under the table at our feet. LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mariposa,

People might not look under the table, but your feet are seen when you walk into and out of the dining room and the rest of the evening. If you WERE wearing something "inappropriate", (and I'm not saying you were - I didn't see the shoes) do you really think anyone would say something? Of course not!

I wouldn't "say boo" to a person about their shoes or their outfit, but that doesn't automatically imply acceptance or approval. It just means that I'm polite.

Jane, even though they were very nice I was indeed aprehensive to wear such casual shoes to dinner, but I found myself in a real pickle. I almost didn't even go to the main dining room to meet my group cruise tablemates that night cuz I was feeling "sea sick", PLUS the brand new heels I had worn the night before with my formal caused my feet to hurt quite a bit all the next day, plus that ship was really rockin and rollin due to high seas. So I experimented with all of my shoes and the "dressy flip flops" were the ONLY ones in which I felt stable enough to walk all the way across the ship (clinging very hard to the hand rail on the stairs as it was). I actually held my breath as I approached the dining room and fully expected the head waiter to tell me to go back to the cabin to change. If he would have said that, I guess I would have retreated to my cabin alone and ordered room service and missed the nightly dinner party. Given the choice, I guess I did the best I could with what I had available.

Mariposa

Mari: I, too, agree with the above post. Run out and get another pair if you really like them! All too often, icon_eek.gif when we go back to the store of purchase a couple of months later, the shoes are gone. And enjoy your cruise.icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

I have a pair of sequined thongs for dinner, these flip flops are really for on deck and what not. I bring at least 5-6 pairs of shoes anyway. I just thought they were super cute. I wouldn't wear them to the dining room though

• 1 month later...

There are some really pretty dressy flip flops out there. I wore a pair to the dining room and felt perfectly fine. (not formal night though) I have even seen dressy flip flops with HEELS in stores..and I just just don't get THAT..I like them cause they are so comfy!

I think it depends on what they look like whether they are appropiate for dinner. I would think since they cost $34 they would not look exactly like the rubbery $2 cheapies. So I am guessing maybe they would look okay on casual night.

Anyway after my last cruise when people at the next table came to dinner, dirty, hair dirty not even brushed and their clothes looked like something you would wear to scrub floors or work on a car (and this was formal night); I decided I would not complain about what others wear as long as they come CLEAN.

Hmmmm, this reminds me of the thread where a gal proudly announced she wore pyjamas on the airplane because they were the type that "didn't look like pyjamas"..... :rolleyes:

Flip-flops in the dining room? I think only a select few can pull that off. Wear what you feel good in, but I'm sure some people will be saying "Look at the lady in flip-flops" :D

Archived