Recommended hotels in Miami for shopping

frenchleads

Hi We are on the Allure of the Seas 30th November and have decided to stay on in Miami for one extra day to do some shopping. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Miami. Any replies greatly appreciated.

If you stay in the Aventura area, Aventura Mall is a great venue in which to shop.

Depends on what you want to shop for, and how much you want to spend? I like cruising the boutiques in South Beach on Ocean Drive/Washington St. And because of that I was going to recommend The Garden Hotel on Washington, but it is being renovated (street view from May shows it gutted). There are a lot of hotels at various price points all over South Beach, but this one was affordable and fun.

The best shopping for you guys will be at Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale.

I'd book one of the hotels there and then a shuttle back to Miami airport the next day.

Sawgrass is one of the best and largest malls on the planet. It is all discount shopping.

We are coming to Fort Lauderdale airport in the evening. We have three nights pre-cruise. One of the days we are thinking of visiting the Sawgrass mills and one day south beach. We have been thinking of taking a shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport to downtown Miami and take a shuttle there to Sawgrass mills (wont be driving so need a taxi or a shuttle) next day. Now I have started thinking of staying at the hotel near Sawgrass mills the first night so we could take a taxi or shuttle to Sawgrass mills direct from the Fll airport. Then we could take a taxi or shuttle to Miami downtown after shopping and stay there two nights.

Any comments? Is there any other way than take a taxi to Sawgrass mills from the FLL airport? We wont be hiring a car.