Virtual Balconies

HollandAvery

It seems like several of you are missing the point.

This is not to replace an ocean view or balcony. If

you only have two choices, an interior or an interior

with a floor to ceiling virtual screen what would you choose ?

What is the downside to a virtual view if you are going to

be in an inside cabin anyway ?

If you only had the choice between an interior or an interior with a virtual balcony, choose the virtual balcony. You had a real time camera showing you exactly what was going on on your side of the ship. The room was not pitch dark. You had the exact sounds from what was going on outside. Sure, you could not smell the ocean or feel the salt air in your face, but this discussion is about the virtual balcony being way better than a plain interior. You could wake up when the sun came up, you knew when it was raining or night time. You could watch the pier runners and, in our case, we saved about $1,000 on this cruise because we did not get the balcony. My DH and I both agreed that we would book a VB again IF we could not afford a real balcony. We both love a real balcony but this past cruise it would have been too expensive. On my next cruise, we are booked in an 8E balcony and I can't wait!!! But I would definitely do the VB again, it was something different.

Let's just hope they do a better job with this technology than they do with the AC on some ships. I know that my balcony won't 'power down' when there is a issue. Yep, I might get rained on but it will be real. :D

Edited by Bookbug53

Virtual balcony will assist you in what to wear when going

outside, where you are and if its day or night.

Virtual sex not as useful since I already know what to wear for that and don't care where I am or if its day or night.