Distant Foreign Port Question - Vancouver

I have 2 B2Bs that I am looking at but not sure about that distant foreign port rule. Can anyone give me some insight?

Jewel 5/16

San Diego, California; Catalina Island, California; San Francisco, California; Victoria, British Columbia; Vancouver, British Columbia

Jewel 5/22

Vancouver; Alaska Inside Passage; Juneau, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska; Victoria, British Columbia; Seattle

OR

Radiance Vancouver to Seward and then Seward to Vancouver, several options on dates

Thanks for the help.

I have 2 B2Bs that I am looking at but not sure about that distant foreign port rule. Can anyone give me some insight?

Jewel 5/16

San Diego, California; Catalina Island, California; San Francisco, California; Victoria, British Columbia; Vancouver, British Columbia

Jewel 5/22

Vancouver; Alaska Inside Passage; Juneau, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska; Victoria, British Columbia; Seattle

OR

Radiance Vancouver to Seward and then Seward to Vancouver, several options on dates

Thanks for the help.

There's no problem with the Radiance cruises because they begin in a non-US port.

The Jewel B2B would violate the PVSA.

Jewel 5/16

Jewel 5/22

OR

Thanks for the help.

As Bob has said, the b2b on Radiance is fine. We've done that b2b and it's a wonderful trip all the way up to Seward.

The first b2b would be in violation of the PVSA act because you are beginning your cruise in one US port and ending in a different US port.

If you actually read the PVSA (and I'm not recommending that you do), a distant foreign port is defined as any port not in North America, Central America, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and all of the Caribbean (except Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao). On the west coast, common distant foreign ports are Manta, Ecuador, Lima, Peru, and Fanning Island, Kiribati. If you start in one US port and end in another, you have to stop in one of those distant foreign ports or it is a violation.

If you actually read the PVSA (and I'm not recommending that you do), a distant foreign port is defined as any port not in North America, Central America, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and all of the Caribbean (except Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao). On the west coast, common distant foreign ports are Manta, Ecuador, Lima, Peru, and Fanning Island, Kiribati. If you start in one US port and end in another, you have to stop in one of those distant foreign ports or it is a violation.

Thanks for that list. I knew that Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire qualified but wasn't sure about what western ports filled the bill, though I knew that Vancouver did not meet the definition. :)