Parking at Princess Terminal in Ft. Lauderdale

Cabob1

Thank you both! We used Park N GO last year and this is MUCH cheaper. Just reserved for next year and it was only $4 a night! :cool:

I'm pretty sure we paid about $170, and we're paying $90 at the Embassy Suites next time. And that is self-parking, so there will be no issue with the keys.

Thanks for clarifying Griller. Not sure why there was confusion though....

What did you find disagreeable about a night in FLL? Just curious. Never been to FLL.

I guess I should apologize. I did not mean to malign FLL, I was speaking more of avoiding a lot of hassle of transferring to a hotel, long before rooms are normally ready, spending another day in a travel mode, and then having to leave the next day. It was simply much more convenient at least to me.

I guess I should apologize. I did not mean to malign FLL, I was speaking more of avoiding a lot of hassle of transferring to a hotel, long before rooms are normally ready, spending another day in a travel mode, and then having to leave the next day. It was simply much more convenient at least to me.

I, as a local, understood perfectly what you meant. And I think you did the right thing. But I probably would have gone all the way to Leesburg.

Embassy Suites just outside the port gates on 17th/Causeway, its not covered but we always park there, free fairly prompt shuttle and about $5 a day if you book it through unitedairportparking dot com

No I have no connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer!

The parking lot would be located at the Embassy Suites? Just wanted to be sure we understand correctly the actual place we would park. They must have a big parking lot. We usually park at the Pier but this sounds much better :).

• 3 months later...
The parking lot would be located at the Embassy Suites? Just wanted to be sure we understand correctly the actual place we would park. They must have a big parking lot. We usually park at the Pier but this sounds much better :).

The reviews for that site don't seem to be showing a place by embassy suites ...

Car stays right at Embassy Suites. Unitedairportparking dot com

The reviews for that site don't seem to be showing a place by embassy suites ...

We used the Embassy Suites parking area from 1-25-15 to 2-5-15 for our Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise. The shuttle took us to Pier #2 and after the cruise was over, we went thru Customs & called the shuttle service phone number & the shuttle picked us up. An inexpensive parking solution, would recommend it to anyone. Just book your parking thru the site that Pia mentioned. We paid $51.86 for 11 days self park & did not have to leave our keys with anyone which we was not going to do.

Last October we stayed at the Embassy suites and they (the hotel) wanted to charge us $17.00 per day for parking while on our cruise.

That sounds right. That's what I was quoted when I found the correct site

Yes, that is their charge. But when you book thru United, you don't need to be a guest at Embassy. We were in December, but didn't have to.

I'm Apprehensive to book via United, the reviews are really sketchy

Reviews by whom? I parked there in December and our friends parked there in January and again last week. Easy shuttle to the ship and easy shuttle back.

Are you sure you're talking about parking at Embassy Suites?

Edited by Pia1913

We used the Embassy Suites parking area from 1-25-15 to 2-5-15 for our Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise. The shuttle took us to Pier #2 and after the cruise was over, we went thru Customs & called the shuttle service phone number & the shuttle picked us up. An inexpensive parking solution, would recommend it to anyone. Just book your parking thru the site that Pia mentioned. We paid $51.86 for 11 days self park & did not have to leave our keys with anyone which we was not going to do.

I'm Apprehensive to book via United, the reviews are really sketchy

Per my review above about parking at the Embassy Suites parking lot behind the hotel, nothing " sketchy" about that parking lot at all. We picked our car up only 6 days ago & nothing was wrong with parking there.

Scarlettptista............not sure where you are getting your info from, all we can do is report how the parking was when we was there which is more up to date. Can't get much recent than 6 days ago. Unitedairportparking dot com does have many cities where they have lots located. You have to click on the Embassy Suites location to reserve there. Maybe some of the reviews you are speaking of are from other parking areas.

Unless we are missing something, we only see 1 review from Ned S. from the link you provided giving the parking area we are talking about a 5 star rating.This is from his review on the parking lot behind the Embassy Suites that we copied & pasted here:

From Ned S review:

I used United Airport parking for my 11 day cruise from Ft Lauderdale. The cruise parking was the Embassy Suite hotel. The price was great, service great, and security for my vehicle was also great. Very very pleased.

All the other reviews are from different parking lots. Embassy Suites handles all the traffic there, not an independent person.

Each time we cruise from Port Everglades, we will use Embassy Suites parking area booked thru Unitedairportparking dot com . You have current reviews from Pia & us, only you can make the decision whether to park at an excellent lot or not and save a bunch of money in the process.

This is nowhere near Embassy. Wrong parking facility. Scarlet, FYI, I'm a local. You are looking at the wrong place.

I know Pia.............. told Scarlet in my last post only 1 review was regarding Embassy Suites parking lot & that guy gave it 5 stars for being excellent. Scarlet provided our proof that she is looking at the wrong parking areas & like you said, you are a local & I used to live nearby :).

I just booked parking for my cruise on Feb. 28Th. Is there someone there at the Embassy Suited parking lot from United Parking to check in with and show you where to park. Or do you just put your receipt in your car window and park anywhere?

I just booked parking for my cruise on Feb. 28Th. Is there someone there at the Embassy Suited parking lot from United Parking to check in with and show you where to park. Or do you just put your receipt in your car window and park anywhere?

You drive up to the front door, just as if you're checking in. You then present your paid receipt to one of the guys out front. There will be several. He will then give you instructions on where to park your vehicle. We have HC placard, so we parked right at the front door. I loved that.