Princess Dress Codes

Ladies, please guide me in my shopping ventures. I am going on Princess for the 1st time. All my trips have been on Carnival which sort of adopted the "anything goes" policy as at dinner one night, one of the couples at our table had on bathing suites (gross). Is Princess a tad more sophisticated. I love getting gussied up for events, just curious as to what their version of casual is!

Hi,

Just noticed you location being Warren,R.I. I live in Bristol, and will be taking a Princess Caribbean cruise on 7/11 myself for the first time. If your partner is needing a Tux, found a great one for a very good price in the Fall River mills.

Happy Cruising

Think resort casual wear. Granted, there will always be a few who think that means cutoffs and sloppy shirts, but for the most part it's definitely more upscale than the Carnival cruises I've taken in the past. Dinner is the time to look great! Gussy up! icon_biggrin.gif Check the Princess website for a complete description of their definitions for attire.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Andi,

We're going on our first Princess cruise in mid June. When is your cruise? If it's after ours, I'd be happy to post my observations of evening attire on formal and non-formal nights.

Jane

Andi,

Got my fiance Frank a light wool tux at P&J's Formals in the Wampanoag mill across from the Burlington Coat Factory mill outlet (directions below). The store is upstairs from the dress outlet, which if you are looking for a gown yourself some nice buys there too. The tux cost $129.99 and another $20 for shirt,tie,etc. Princess charges about $85 for rental, so we figured a few more bucks to own was worth it and less hassle.

via over Mt.Hope Bridge. Take Rt.24 enroute to Fall River. Take 2nd Fall River exit Brayton/Eastern Ave. Take left off exit, then take first right at light. Follow road until it forks about 1/4 mile and mill is immediately on right at fork. Much easier going this way with all the work being done on the Braga Bridge.

Good Luck!!!

Night-

Thanks for the tip! Going to need a few new duds myself for this trip.

Jane-

We're going the week of Nov 27th-Dec 4th. I would love if you'd keep an eye out and keep me posted on the attire. I can't wait I can't wait!

As an elite member of Princess, DH and I cruise 2+ times a year. And Princess icon_wink.gif is our line of preference, after all, it's the Love Boat!!!

That being said, we like Princess because they are, IMO, a bit more "upscale" than Carnival. Everyone loves one line or the other for various reasons. We love Princess because of the ambiance icon_wink.gif the attentiveness in the dining room, the fabulous cabin stewards, etc.

As for dressing in the dining room, DH used to wear a tux, as most men did several years ago. These days, dark suits seem to rule. I would say 80% are in a dark suit, 20% tux. It used to be reversed! But a nice, dark suit with a crisp white shirt looks marvelous, too!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and bring out the jewels and lovely clothes! icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

JanetMarie,

Thanks for the insight on Princess. DH has gained some weight so we're not sure if his tux will fit by the time we we leave in 5 weeks.. It's good to know that he won't be out of place should be decide to wear a suit. He has some very elegant ones and always wears cufflinks and

gorgeous ties.

I've got plenty of eveningwear, so I'm under no pressure to buy a thing, thank goodness.

I'm a little nervous that we're spending a lot of money on a cruiseline we won't love, so I'm really happy to hear how much you like Princess and that it's an upscale line. We've been on Celebrity (liked it) and HAL (didn't like it) and our favorite is Oceania (going again next Feb). I think I'm a bit anxious about being on a ship with so many people. But I have heard that Princess does a good job making the ship (Grand Princess) not feel so overwhelmingly huge. We took a mini-suite and they look nice on the website.

Andi -

I'll give you a full fashion report in July when we return. icon_wink.gif

Jane

I'm a 1st time cruiser. We're going on the Sapphire to Alaska 7/18 and am having the same packing / dressing anxiety as everyone else. First, I have a tendancy to overpack. Second, I hate being over or under dressed. My husband won this trip with his work so I have to make sure that I'm not either because I'll be compared to all the other spouses.

Jane, if you could post after your trip, I'd appreciate it. Do guys really wear the tuxes? My husband is refusing! Which actually makes my decision much easier as I don't need to go out and buy something really dressy. I have alot of nice dresses that I can bring.

Night, I'll also post when I get back and let you know what I see.

Looks like we've got three consecutive RI towns out here... I'm in Barringon!!

Archived