First time back to Mazatlan in four years

lbfluffy

My husband booked us on the NCL Star. This is our first time back in almost 4 years. So I started searching this forum again. I wanted to look into possibly doing horse back riding in Mazatlan again. When I researched Randy's Happy Horses I was shocked to learn she had passed away. We used her twice in the past and she was so sweet and accommodating.

So we are now looking into Johanne and Sandra tours for Stone Island. What are your thoughts on this company? I think we may have used them before.

My husband booked us on the NCL Star. This is our first time back in almost 4 years. So I started searching this forum again. I wanted to look into possibly doing horse back riding in Mazatlan again. When I researched Randy's Happy Horses I was shocked to learn she had passed away. We used her twice in the past and she was so sweet and accommodating.

So we are now looking into Johanne and Sandra tours for Stone Island. What are your thoughts on this company? I think we may have used them before.

I don't have any idea what the tour company offers on their tour, but we always go about three blocks down from the cruise terminal and catch the water taxi to Stone Island for about three dollars US. There are several bars/restaurants along the beach, and vendors renting ATV's. Some have horses to rent also.

Grab a pulmonia for a few hours to cruise around town (was $20/hr, not sure what it is today), then have him drop you off at the water taxi near the cruise terminal. As mentioned above, it's only a few bucks for the crossing then there's a mile of places to hang out, eat and drink. All of the typical beach activities are readily available: horses, banana boats, atvs, etc.

The guided tours will herd you around and tell you what to do and when to do it. This is fine for some folks.

We used J&S tours for an excursion in Cabo several years ago (La Isla). They're a clearing house for pretty much all the excursions on the Mexican Riviera, very professional, no problems at all. They do not provide the excursion, they just sell the ticket.