Poor Customer Service

ddbaab53

We have done many cruise all with Carnival and was looking to do another one. We had a PVP but unable to get in touch with by email or phone. So we call the 800 number on Sunday. The wife and I wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise or flight into San Juan and cruise from there. One the first call to Carnival the person I was talking with said she was having computer problem and would have to call me back. After 2 hour I called a second time and after about 5 min of there customer service person looking she just hung up. No call back and she had my phone number. I guess we will start looking at other Cruise Lines.:confused:

That's not enough to give up on. The computers could have been down 2 or more hours, it was a Sunday, less manpower for repair. You didn't mention if the system was back up when you called the second time. She may not have hung up on you. Wasn't Florida watching a hurricane this weekend? Bad weather could have been a factor on the computer and phone situation. I'm sure they get a large amount of calls on weekends and may not be able to get back to all prior calls. I wouldn't give up that easily .... if Carnival has what you want, go for it. You can't rate the cruise part based on an assumed bad phone contact... When you call the phone company/cable company and can't get through the first person, you don't give up, you call back because it's what you want and they're gonna give it to you if it's the last thing you do ....

Edited by mojean
add more info.

That's not enough to give up on. The computers could have been down 2 or more hours, it was a Sunday, less manpower for repair. You didn't mention if the system was back up when you called the second time. She may not have hung up on you. Wasn't Florida watching a hurricane this weekend? Bad weather could have been a factor on the computer and phone situation. I'm sure they get a large amount of calls on weekends and may not be able to get back to all prior calls. I wouldn't give up that easily .... if Carnival has what you want, go for it. You can't rate the cruise part based on an assumed bad phone contact... When you call the phone company/cable company and can't get through the first person, you don't give up, you call back because it's what you want and they're gonna give it to you if it's the last thing you do ....

Yes when I called back the computer were back up. Both person had my phone number but no call back. Yes I know about the I/P phone I use one for work and I know how call can drop but you call the person back.

Most companies these days have periods - some more than others - of bad customer service. I won't bore folks on here with my debacle with Apple.

I have never cruised Carnival but I personally would chalk the incident up to a lazy, sloppy customer rep and try again. It really could have been any cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This post is about customer service. First, there were no hurricanes in Florida, and we did not have one for at least 4 years now. If they get a lot of calls on the weekend, they would staff for it....so you just verified it was bad customer service. Phone companies and cable companies already have your business, so if you have an issue, they don't really care. If you are in an area with competition, and they give you poor service, than you would change. I have with my cell phone.

The way I see it, the OP just had 2 strikes. I would say it is bad customer service.

Yes when I called back the computer were back up. Both person had my phone number but no call back. Yes I know about the I/P phone I use one for work and I know how call can drop but you call the person back.

Then don't ever book with Carnival again and move on.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

Personally I would have just booked it myself online and not bothered with calling into customer service. Second depending on where you were in the transaction, they may not have actually had your information or lost it and not able to call you back. If I lose a customer or have a momentary power outage, I lose the computer and the phone. After restarting I may not remember who the person was I was talking to.

Also too if they have a que system where calls continue to roll in, she or he may not have had the opportunity. If I get disconnected, I just call back. Why does it need to be a big deal. Perhaps they though you dropped the call???

I don't even see the point of posting this, but if your that upset use another cruise line! Problem solved..

Azmike480

Exactly, such a simple solution, especially since there is a 100% certainty that this would never occur calling into any other cruise lines 800 numbers.

We have done many cruise all with Carnival and was looking to do another one. We had a PVP but unable to get in touch with by email or phone. So we call the 800 number on Sunday. The wife and I wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise or flight into San Juan and cruise from there. One the first call to Carnival the person I was talking with said she was having computer problem and would have to call me back. After 2 hour I called a second time and after about 5 min of there customer service person looking she just hung up. No call back and she had my phone number. I guess we will start looking at other Cruise Lines.:confused:

It sounds like you having a bad day by letting little things get to you. We've all had them. And I hope the rest of your day gets better.

As others have suggested go online and book it yourself. If you have been satisfied with Carnival in the past its a shame to quit on them on so such a reason.

It sounds like you having a bad day by letting little things get to you. We've all had them. And I hope the rest of your day gets better.

As others have suggested go online and book it yourself. If you have been satisfied with Carnival in the past its a shame to quit on them on so such a reason.

We have been satisfied with Carnival but have a few question going to Panama Canal that we can not find on the web site. Was told when I was talking to the first person they have to look for Repositioning Cruises and I don't know which ship and when this will be that why we were calling.

We have been satisfied with Carnival but have a few question going to Panama Canal that we can not find on the web site. Was told when I was talking to the first person they have to look for Repositioning Cruises and I don't know which ship and when this will be that why we were calling.

There is no listing for a repo cruise using the advanced search feature on carnival.com. Having said that, I know that the Pride is repositioning from Tampa to Baltimore in March 2015, and they are going to Panama (NOT a canal passage) as part of their itinerary.

A different way to search is by not selecting a destination, but choosing the cruise length as 10+ days...that will bring up the above noted cruise, and a few with interesting itineraries from Galveston on the Triumph, as well as a 14 day in March 2016 from Baltimore with 8 ports, and returning to Baltimore. However, Panama is not one of the ports.

There are other lines that do Panama as well, but I haven't found a repo cruise where you would transit through the canal.

Researching online first is always best, as you may well be more informed than the rep you speak with on the phone.

Best of luck to you with whichever cruiseline / cruise you choose.

NCL will have a ship going through the canal next year when they move a ship from the caribbean to Alaska. Carnival has the Valor(soon to be Liberty) sailing from San Juan. Not sure what other questions you have, but Liberty is an awesome ship and that is a awesome, but port intensive itinerary.

For the most part the folks at Carnival that I have dealt with are among the best in the cruise industry. I wouldn't wait for a call back, just call back and get somebody else. Not worth switching lines over. There are plenty of Carnival agents who are a delight to speak with. My favorites of the 5 lines I have traveled with actually.

Have you ever been back in contact with the PVP you were originally trying to talk to?

Understand your issues OP. We just went thru some really poor customer service on our last cruise. We have cruised Carnival times so some things we just let slide but not this time. Because of what happened on our last cruise we are not Sailing Princess to Alaska in 2015.

Amazing all it takes sometimes is one issue to make a customer so upset that they change brands.

Just go on line and start looking and you can even book directly from there.

That is what I was going to say.

If I want a cruise I book or put on hold & call Gil the next day or email him & he will take care of the rest of it.

But then it might be nice to try an other line.

Char