Room Safe on FANTASY

taecruise2

Thanks everyone , I guess it can go either way. dianew , I see you are from Wilmington . Is that NC ? I am originally from Wilmington

I am from Wilm NC 😉 The last time we were on the Fantasy it was a card swipe but that could have changed. We sail her again in February. LOVE her!

Here's what is says on the FAQ's page on Carnival's website;

For our guests' convenience and security, a safe is provided in every stateroom and is located in either the closet or a cabinet. The size varies among the fleet; approximate size: 10"(wide) x 9"(high) x 8"(deep).

On the following ships, guests must obtain a key from their room Steward. There is no charge; however, a $40 fee will be charged to their Sail & Sign Account in the event the key is lost or not returned by the last evening of the cruise: Fantasy Ecstasy.

On all other ships, the safe can be opened by using any type of card with a magnetic strip on the back, such as a credit card.

I have never heard of anyone having to get a key for the safe before. I am platinum , so I have been on quite afew carnival ships and never had a key. I have also been on fantasy in the past but could not remember , but I do know I did not get a key

Of all the times we've been on the Fantasy, we've never had to get a key or code from the cabin steward. You clear out the last code and then program in the code you want to use. Very simple. We've never had any other kind of safe on the Fantasy.