Earliest flight time after cruise -Barcelona

shay869

Hello, quick question for those who had posted they docked in Malaga the day before, did you have to clear customs/immigration? We are doing a transatlantic from Tampa to Barcelona in April, I had originally booked a flight to my local airport which is 10 mins from home but it got moved up to 9am so I cancelled it, reading some of these replies I am wondering whether to take a chance and rebook it if it's easy enough to walk off with my bags, I just don't want to get stuck in a line like we do when we sail the other way to the USA, any advice gratefully received and the only other option is a later flight into London and then a 5 hour journey home.

We saw people walking off on their own about 10 min before we got off ourselves. We were at the dock earlier than 5am too. Doesn't mean there wont be issues another day. For us (which stopped in Malaga prior to Barcelona) we would have made a 9 am flight no problem. But we had a layover in Germany so we didn't hit any sort of customs in Barcelona (besides ship stuff) until Germany. If you have a direct flight home it may be more involved. But Germany took only a few min to get through. I don't think this answers but what is the worst case if you miss that flight? Ours was a very long layover in Frankfurt with mostly from 6pm-noon timeframe

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Oh and the Barcelona airport was empty. But we were the only cruise ship and it was a tueaday

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

thanks, it is really helpful, we got off a TA cruise at Malaga a couple of years ago and it was really easy, we could have got the early flight, I've never flown to Barcelona, the flight to Cardiff is at 9am on a Sunday morning so it would be a real rush but it's so close to home instread of flying later to London and then a long onward journey. Think I might play it safe this time. Thanks again

• 1 month later...

I haven't been on a European cruise before but know that when I take a cruise from the US, I am able to check my luggage for a fee while on the cruise ship and not see it again until I reach my home city, making self disembark a breeze. - Is this service offered on European cruises. I will be on RCCL Allure and it looks like an 11am flight home is my only non-stop option without staying another night in Barcelona.

I haven't been on a European cruise before but know that when I take a cruise from the US, I am able to check my luggage for a fee while on the cruise ship and not see it again until I reach my home city, making self disembark a breeze. - Is this service offered on European cruises. I will be on RCCL Allure and it looks like an 11am flight home is my only non-stop option without staying another night in Barcelona.

Pretty sure that is only a US thing