Upgrade, or stay put?

Caribe87

Thank you everyone for your input. In the time it took me to call Princess, E731 was gone, ...

I was going to say as much yesterday, but I didn't want to jinx anything. Those cabins are among the first to book and often only open up due to cancellation. I actually booked that corresponding Mini-Suite on Sapphire once, and got "upgraded" out of it into an "MB" category cabin. I called my wife immediately to see if she wanted me to nix the upgrade and she scolded me for booking the aft Mini-Suite to begin with. She hates that location, despite the overwhelming positive reviews it gets here. So we kept the upgrade and the aft cabin went back into the pool. But not for long, I suspect.

I too, have sailed in E730/E731 several times on that class of ship. We always specifically look to book those rooms. They are the best mini's onboard IMO. Covered balcony and it's HUGE. No noise or seasickness for us either. You will not be disappointed!

Thank you everyone for your input. In the time it took me to call Princess, E731 was gone, so midships Emerald obstructed for us this time, but being on the Ruby anywhere is fine with us.

IMO the Emerald obstructeds are the best value on the ship. You will only be one deck up from the Promenade if you want some fresh air. There is always the next cruise to try out E731 ;).

Edited by Ryndam2002
clarity

Just looking at the deck plans I realised Princess have changed the terminology of what was. I noticed people saying "mini-suite" well years ago those cabins people are referring to were just balcony cabins and it appears the mini-suites of years gone by have had their name changed to penthouse suits.

They have to be careful with terms like that. I have stayed in land based hotels where the hotel bathroom is larger than one of Princess's mini-suites and the bathroom even had a larger television.