CB Cabin B501 or B503

cruizingmomma

Anyone ever have these cabins??

Got a little worried when I saw "Unconfirgured twins" and called about it yesterday - I was told that it was "illegal" for them to configure them together as when there are 3 people in the cabin the person on one of the top bunks would fall on the floor.....I think he meant to say that it was a safety concern and they could was a "liability"

Anyway....any advice for a 9/24 sail on the Caribben Princess??

Hi,

We had B503 earlier this summer, and had friends in B501. We both had 4 people in each room. I was expecting twin beds in addition to the pull-down bunk and the rollaway but our room steward kept the twins together, so we had a king bed. We didn't ask for this, he just did it. Every morning during breakfast the bunk magically disappeared until after dinner! They are great rooms, midship. You'll have a great time!

I was told that when the two upper bunks are pulled down, that the two bottom beds could not be put together. I then asked what would happen if we pushed them together ourselves. I've been married for 10 years and don't sleep too well w/out my DH. They said that they couldn't stop us from doing that.

However, from reading the other post, it sounds like your cabin steward may do this for you. I was considering asking our steward if he would kindly bring us a full size pad for the beds......and we would do the dirty work ourselves.

Anyone else had an experience like this?

Many folks have had this happen...technically Princess has to tell you that it is a safey issue to put the beds together on the bottom when one or both of the top bunks are in use. Makes the ladder harder to access, one has to hunch over to get around the sides of the lower big bed so that you don't whack your head on the upper bunk. That said, most stewards are very happy to push the two lower beds together for you, because they know you will appreciate it and reward them appropriately with a nice tip, whereas Princess will not pay them anything extra for explaining the safety hazards to you.

Many folks have had this happen...technically Princess has to tell you that it is a safey issue to put the beds together on the bottom when one or both of the top bunks are in use. Makes the ladder harder to access, one has to hunch over to get around the sides of the lower big bed so that you don't whack your head on the upper bunk. That said, most stewards are very happy to push the two lower beds together for you, because they know you will appreciate it and reward them appropriately with a nice tip, whereas Princess will not pay them anything extra for explaining the safety hazards to you.

Thanks ~! It's good to know that the stewards are most accomodating (sp?)...for a small price that is ~!

The twins were together as a king, with the bunk over one side of the bed. The other side of the bed, closest to the balcony, had the head of the roll-away against it, and the feet of the rollaway were against the sliding glass door. The roll-away was perpendicular to the king. The hardest part was that in order to go out on the balcony, you had to climb over the king bed to get to the door. Once all the beds are out, there isn't much room. However, our steward was very good about taking the roll-away out every morning while we were at breakfast. Hope that helps!

They can do that, too. We had another family with us that had all four beds separate. I didn't see their room, but I know they were all separate, but the rollaway was in the same spot. I think that what they did was push one of the twins against the wall so that it was below the bunk. Then the nightstand was between the two twins. Hope that helps!

Thanks sokrmom - I'm a planner and like to have in my mind that things are going to go well. Especially when I have all new cruisers - almost as good as your first cruise seeing their excitement, well not really, but it is fun seeing their enjoyment:)

Archived