stateroom bar set-up

hassop

Has any one any experience of what is included in the Stateroom bar set up ?

I know the different type of drink supplied but cannot find size .

Are they miniatures say x 6 ........... or one 70cl bottle. We are not on a drinks package so are they good value?

Many thanks.

They are not miniatures. You get one bottle of spirits, one six pack of mixers, and one box of salty snacks. The bottles are, I believe, one=liter size, although they may be the 750 liter size. As to the value, if you would buy drinks one at a time at a bar to the equivalent of one full bottle, you would pay more. But if you are not likely to drink one full bottle on the cruise, you should probably just pay-as-you-go.

The box of snacks we had consisted of wasabi peas, cashews, peanuts and pistachios. Not very big but very tasty. They come in a nice Celebrity box which makes a nice keepsake.

We ordered a bottle of Gin and got a litre of export strength Tanquery Gin (we picked this brand - for a bit more you can get Bombay Sapphire). We didn't have a drinks package and whilst the Gin wasn't cheap it was lovely having a drink on the balcony and we probably saved a lot over buying the same drinks in a bar.

We were given a choice of cans and you can mix them up to your 6.

As an aside when I was looking for a bag under the bed one day I noticed a bag and in it were several bottles of beer and spirits. We thought we had hit the jackpot and found someone's secret stash from a previous cruise. When I examined the contents and found a wide variety of drinks it was at that point I realised that this was where the cabin attendant had stored the contents of our mini bar when we had asked him to clear it.