Capri pants on Princess

Oh Divas of the ocean-

I am addicted to capri pants, but not just any kind, the embroidered kind with fancy thong sandles and tops. Is this ok for dinner on non-formal nights on princess? I look hideous in most types of dresses, so I love capris when they're dressed up right. Lend me your knowledge!

My personal taste would be not to wear them - even on what is deemed a more informal night but if you think you will be comfortable in capri's then I say wear 'em. You have to decide your comfort level. I tend to dress up a lot and hear "why are you so dressed up ?' when I'm out. It's because I like to dress "up" and it's my personal comfort level.

Capri pants with a nice top and sandals is very appropriate for the non-formal nights. You would fit right in with what most are wearing.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04
Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04
Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

I almost think that booking Princess was a bad idea now, if Capri pants with embroidering and nice tops are considered not dressed enough. I'm actually dreading it now after reading all thesep posts. Perhaps my tastes are best suited for Carnival [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Stop pouting and wear the capri pants. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
You didn't make a wrong decision about the cruise.
Fortunately, it is not like highschool (thank goodness), you won't be ostrasized because of the clothes you're wearing.

As was stated above...wear whatever [I]you[/I] feel comfortable in. As long as it fits in with the "resort wear" category of clothes, you will be fine for the casual nights.

If you feel confident and comfortable, you'll look and feel great!
Have a fabulous time on your cruise!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;06;06;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
June 6-Golden

DOn't worry and wear them. I was on the Golden Princess in Feb of this year. I do not wear capri but more cropped pants (hate my calves!). I wore them several nights to dinner and looked great. The formal nights I wore dressy jersey cropped pants with a sparkly top and got many compliments from strangers....Those pants come very dressy now with a nice top and funky sandals and great accessories you will more than fit in on Princess. Princess was great you will love it. It was our first cruise and was just high end enough not snobby...go and enjoy.

Clothes are all about how you feel in them and you can carry anything off if you feel good as you strut!!

Norweigan Dawn 5/04
Golden Princess 1/04

Archived