Live from the Golden 10-15-14

atdahop

We boarded at 1210 and all 3 main findings were closed. We ate at the buffet but have a nice view! Our room is very small....

Sorry to hear that. Lunch in the dining room is a treat. Do you have an interior room? I think they feel smaller than they really are.

Sorry to hear that. Lunch in the dining room is a treat. Do you have an interior room? I think they feel smaller than they really are.

No, we have a balcony on baja. I think I'm just used to Disney and their large rooms. Last time I was on princess we had a mini-suite....what a huge difference!

We found the Donatello dining room open at 12:30 today.

For the poster who asked about mattresses, we had a great bed in our Emerald mini that we vacated today. The mattress in the Caribe balcony we just moved into is early Motel 6.

Jim

Just curious where you heard this. Lots of people hanging at balconies waiting for sailaway now.

Jim

On the way back from the Muster drill, they announced it overhead. We are having our own special drinks on our balcony as well. We asked our room stewardess and she said, "no big deal, and Sonata is just around the corner"

To both people who kindly responded to my question about the mattresses.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like they are replacing the mattresses but some rooms still have the old mattresses. I wonder if there is a way to find out if my cabin will have a new mattress by the time we sail in January. It's a 2 week cruise so a comfortable mattress is important.

Donatello was open for lunch and not crowded at all.

Late departure was announced after muster. Hanging out in the port isn't so bad now that it's nightfall.

Crab Shack is advertised for this cruise but we haven't figured out what night it is yet!

I will be cruising on Oct.27th until Nov. 6th. I am cruising "Back to back & one more Back. lol.

Carole, does the ship has a good chef? How is the Duck item? If the chef is a good chef then the duck will be great. Lucy

Just got home....long drive to Las Vegas...I did not have the duck but there was an asian style duck dish for dinner one evening. I will finish unpacking tomorrow, scan the patters and menus and post.