Has anyone submitted 'bring a friend' online and actually had it actioned?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever submitted a 'bring a friend' request via the website and had it actioned. Mine sits pending forever until I ring them. Don't really mind, just defeats the purpose a bit of having an online service if you have to call through anyway. Curious as to whether anyone has ever had theirs processed without calling through?

Thanks

Cathy

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever submitted a 'bring a friend' request via the website and had it actioned. Mine sits pending forever until I ring them. Don't really mind, just defeats the purpose a bit of having an online service if you have to call through anyway. Curious as to whether anyone has ever had theirs processed without calling through?

Thanks

Cathy

Yes, we've had te request granted. I think it stayed pending until a few weeks before the cruise before it was granted.

Yes, we've had te request granted. I think it stayed pending until a few weeks before the cruise before it was granted.

Yes. I submitted the info but never got the confirmation until we were on the ship.

Thanks to both of you, I'm a couple of weeks out now so might just hang on this time and see, rather than calling them :)

We've had it granted on a previous cruise but denied on our upcoming cruise... because we're part of a group booking also.... but the perks thru the group booking were far better than the $25, so it's a good thing. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by browneyedgirlnb

Can only get the OBC if you book through Royal directly - no TA can be involved. I think they should put that in instructions - would save a phone call!!

Not true with us. We received the OBC with a travel agent booking. However, some travel agent bookings are also group bookings, in which case the OBC is denied.

I have put in a request for 'refer a friend' twice.

The first time was in May when my aunt was sailing with us on the Explorer. I booked her reservation about a month prior to sailing and filled out the online request. After three weeks of pending I called RCI the week before we left and they approved the $25 credit. It was on our sign and sail account when we boarded.

The second time was in July when my DS and DIL were sailing with us on the Radiance of the Seas, neither had cruised with RCI before. The request had been in place since March. I didn't think to call to confirm figuring RCI had months to confirm the first time sailing. When we got on board there was no $25 credit on our sign and sail account. Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to go down to Guest Services and have them try and figure it out. So I just let it go.

All my reservation are made through the 'big box store' since they charge the same as RCI and give me OBC based on my total cost.

Submitted twice (booked through TA both times), first time went through no problem.

Second time initially went through no problem, but got fouled up when we upgraded rooms after final payment and needed a call to RCI to get it fixed.

Got the credit on both trips though (two different first timers).

I have received the OBC for Refer a Friend three times (3x) and no problem. I go thru RCCL for my reservations and they used TA. Never had a problem did have to wait for them to confirm final payment and that they were going but that was a couple weeks before the cruise.

what is this??? i never heard of it and i am bummed because we are traveling with friends next month and we talked them into this cruise!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

I'm zero for three on receiving the "Bring a friend" OBC. I've been denied all three times because I have some other promo discount applied to bookings. Last time it was because I had booked under the BOGOHO.

Same with me. They denied mine because I booked under the WOW sale in January, and received OBC.

what is this??? i never heard of it and i am bummed because we are traveling with friends next month and we talked them into this cruise!

I think you still have time to take advantage of it. I was told we would be approved a couple of weeks before sailing. Submit it now. You have nothing to lose.

Hi

Thanks

Cathy

Mine are just sitting there as well.. :mad:

Can only get the OBC if you book through Royal directly - no TA can be involved. I think they should put that in instructions - would save a phone call!!

We've used the same TA for years and have had no problem getting our $25 OBC from the Bring a Friend Promo.

If your TA has put you into a Group Booking, then, yes, it would be denied.