Oasis of the Seas Sports Bar Question

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas next month and I was wondering what venue/bar is set up for watching sports. Is there a sports bar on Oasis where we can watch NFL games?

On Air Club, deck 5, Royal Promenade, port side forward.

NFL, MLB , NBA

That is the main ones they show if you are a die hard hockey fan NHL like me you are SOL. I talked to the bartender there and they said they dont have the rights to the nhl games on the ship.

Keep in mind during the evenings there always seems to be a battle between the karaoke singing and watching sports. If the game isn't much of a big deal, karaoke usually wins out. When it does, you can usually sit at the bar and both watch a game on the bar TV's and watch the karaoke singers. Sometimes games are shown at the Pub and on the big screen TV's at the Aquatheater, assuming there's no Aqua show scheduled.

Keep in mind during the evenings there always seems to be a battle between the karaoke singing and watching sports. If the game isn't much of a big deal, karaoke usually wins out. When it does, you can usually sit at the bar and both watch a game on the bar TV's and watch the karaoke singers. Sometimes games are shown at the Pub and on the big screen TV's at the Aquatheater, assuming there's no Aqua show scheduled.

It definitely is an uncomfortable feeling walking into On-Air for MNF, since you get the dirty looks from the karaokers as they switch off the karaoke. I equate it with walking into the MDR with flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt.:eek:

It definitely is an uncomfortable feeling walking into On-Air for MNF, since you get the dirty looks from the karaokers as they switch off the karaoke. I equate it with walking into the MDR with flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt.:eek:

Any chance the ship will show the games on Ship's TV? I mean have a Sky Loft suite with three TVs - would assume I could watch sports in my suite?

I have watched some sports on a Notebook via ship wi-fi, but internet was slow and it buffered quite a bit. With the 03b network (broadband connectivity) going in coupled with unlimited internet packages on the Oasis, perhaps buffering won't be a problem.

What would be really cool is if you connect a streaming device to their TV, like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV, or be able to access one's Tablo device to watch sports.

Re-read the press release and here is what it says about "03b":

"...These new capabilities, allow the cruise line to offer affordable, easy-to-use Internet packages so that guests may watch streaming video, check email, share images on social media and enjoy face-to-face video conversations – even in the middle of the ocean."

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1115/royal-caribbean-raises-the-bar-on-award-winning-oasis-class-ships-with-royal-advantage-enhancements/

Edited by cruisebirdie
Add link to RC press release

Any chance the ship will show the games on Ship's TV? I mean have a Sky Loft suite with three TVs - would assume I could watch sports in my suite?

If the game is on in any of the bars, it will be on the ship's TVs as well.

If the game is on in any of the bars, it will be on the ship's TVs as well.

Mostly, not totally. Though the ship has a specific subscription, the Sports Bars have a little different one (a superset). Subscriptions are based on the number of TV's on which they can be displayed. So not only is it a cheaper subscription to have some content only displayed on the bar TV's, it also causes folks to buy drinks and watch games there.

Too bad you can't mute the karaoke.