QUEEN ELIZABETH March 18 Tokyo-Singapore

Lily Silver

Hi Lily Silver! As Scrapnana has said above, please come on over to our roll call, we'd love to see you! We have a growing roll call and lots of people who can share information there.

Hi Kathi, hope you are doing well. Thanks for showing the link to the roll call....I can never seem to get it right when trying to do it. :o

Hello,

I'm having difficulty navigating the site. I would like to contact others who are taking the Tokyo to Singapore cruise on the Queen Elizabeth, March 18 to April 3rd 2015 as I would like to talk about the excursions offered by the ship. We are an active couple in our 60s and enjoy getting a general oversight of the city we are visiting and getting the "feel", without going inside too many temples and museums. If anyone has done this trip before, perhaps you can advise if any of the ports don't actually need a planned excursion and which excursions you have taken and enjoyed. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Here is what I did at the ports we went to this year.

Busan - a couple of stalls selling souvenirs and an ATM were at the pier, otherwise there was a shuttle into town.

Shanghai - the shuttle (a little over an hour) took us to a very expensive silk factory which was a fairly long walk to the Bund

Hong Kong - had to walk through an immense shopping mall to get from the ship to outside. I bought a two day pass for the double decker sightseeing bus. It included a roundtrip on the Star Ferry.

Click on this link and it will take you to the last page of the roll call for this cruise. Post again there and you will likely get more info about the ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1926502&page=36

Edited by Scrapnana

Hello,

I'm having difficulty navigating the site. I would like to contact others who are taking the Tokyo to Singapore cruise on the Queen Elizabeth, March 18 to April 3rd 2015 as I would like to talk about the excursions offered by the ship. We are an active couple in our 60s and enjoy getting a general oversight of the city we are visiting and getting the "feel", without going inside too many temples and museums. If anyone has done this trip before, perhaps you can advise if any of the ports don't actually need a planned excursion and which excursions you have taken and enjoyed. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hi Lily Silver....sorry you are having trouble navigating to the roll call thread. You were there a few days ago....hopefully if you click on the link provided by Scrapnana you can get back there again.

We have booked a Cunard excursion in Yokohama/Tokyo, and Busan. Doing it on our own in Nagasaki. Taking the Cunard shuttle hopefully in Shanghai IF they are taking us to the Bund and NOT to the silk factory which Kathi describes (been to one and that was enough).

• 3 weeks later...
Just returned on a Princess cruise that went into many of the ports you will be visiting. I have put together information of what we did in each port of call on our own to help others.

http://glenswatman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/diamond-princess-ancient-capitals-9-day.html

Thank you so much for this very helpful information.

Hi Lily Silver.

I did the world cruise this year on QE. We took a Cunard tour in Yokohama to Tokyo. It was excellent. I did a lot of research before hand as we are not adverse to doing things alone having done a few world cruises. However, we went for the Cunard tour as traffic can be bad and the distance to Tokyo etc and we did not want to miss the ship. It was a good tour and we had a fabulous lunch.

We also took a tour in Busan for similar reasons. The rest of Japan we did DIY as we have been before and we even took the bullet train on our own in Kobe to Hiroshima.

Singapore is easy to get around and there is a shuttle bus on to take you into town.

Hong Kong is easy to get around from the ship, and you can even visit Macau as we did this year. Go onto the roll call and enrol so you can talk to people via email if need be. Have a wonderful time it will be amazing. Maggiemou.

Edited by maggiemou

Thank you very much Maggiemou for your tips. I must say you look fab in your photos - love all of your beautiful outfits. You suggested I go onto the roll call - I thought that's what this is ?

Hi Lily Silver you need to be on the roll call for the 2015 world cruise. Click the link below/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44658814#post44658814

Back to Shanghai.

There will be a shuttle bus into Shanghai over one hours drive. They usually drop you at the BUND but this year for some reason they left people at the Silk factory. It was a way out of town so we made an official complaint when we got back on the ship. It seems the local agent was trying to drum up business at the Silk factory for his commission no doubt. The Silk factory is good for somethings. The silk duvets are fantastic!

We bought two three years ago and they are just so light and warm in winter cool in summer. This years we bought silk covers for the duvets as an extra luxury and boy are they luxurious! I love them.

So once you are at the Bund you can wander about or take the BUND sightseeing tour tunnel to the other side of the river. We also went on the fastest train in the world the MAGLEV . I did an article about Shanghai.

Drop me an email and I will send you the photos and a link

to where to find my other articles.

I also did a Cunard tour of Shanghai three years ago and it was an amazing tour. I can dig out info on that for you also. email me

edwcliff at Hotmail dot com

Regards Maggie.

Edited by maggiemou

Thank you very much Maggiemou for your tips. I must say you look fab in your photos - love all of your beautiful outfits. You suggested I go onto the roll call - I thought that's what this is ?

Lily Silver, we are all posting on the 2015 world cruise forum, which includes all the segments including the one you are doing. See you over there.

Regards Pat

Hi Lily Silver! I remember you said you had trouble navigating this website before. You started this thread under the Cunard forum, but for a thread on your SPECIFIC cruise you go to the heading CUNARD ROLL CALLS and then under QE, then under the QE 2015 World Cruise and Segments. It is there that everyone is tarying to direct you to. The discussions there are specific for our (your) cruise and you may find it more helpful to "talk" there.

Edited by alibabacruisers