Boarding The Ship

tradogna

What does everyone wear on the day youget o the ship. I like to wear something comforable something that would take me right throught dinner with out changing. I am usually tired on the first day after traveling with children. I like to just wash up and fix my makeup and go to dinner. Thanks Teresa

It depends on the weather. I like to wear casual for travel and boarding then change to a nice "fresh" outfit for dinner. The first night is casual so a nice pair of cropped pants or slacks and top would work.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93,11/95

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99,11/00,06/01,02/02,05/04

Navigator of the Seas 12/02,11/04

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

We stayed at a hotel the night before the cruise so I didn't have to wear my travel clothes for the BIG DAY, and the morning we boarded the ship I was wearing a long, light weight skirt with a cute dressy tank top. Looked nice for boarding photo and was very comfortable that afternoon and fairly dressy at dinner compared to some. BUT, as I headed to the bow of the ship for sailaway I discovered how darned windy it was out there and ended up spending most of my time holding my skirt down. LOL

Next cruise I will be wearing pants for sailaway. LOL LOL LOL

Mari

I always wear capri pants and a top or a short skirt and top. Once I board, I usually immediately change into a swimsuit and coverup, so my outfit stays fresh until dinner the first night.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04 !!

I travel in long, lightweight pants, a short sleeved top, a lightweight jacket (not an outerwear jacket), shoes and socks--because I get cold on planes.

I carry a bathing suit, sandals, clean shirt ans a few toiletriess (including deoderant) in my carry-on, so I can take a dip in the pool, and can freshen up before dinner. Sometimes our luggage doesn't get delivered until way after dinner.

Tradogna,

It depends on where I'm boarding and if I'm flying in the morning of the cruise or not.

Our next cruise, in 4 weeks, will be boarding in Copenhagen and we'll be going there 3 days prior to the cruise. So I'll board wearing what I would wear in any city on a June day.... probably a pair of microfiber pants, a tank-top and cotton sweater around my shoulders and a pair of medium heeled sandals.

Jane

Even though we fly from CT, I immediately wear an outfit that is tropical, which puts me in the mood for cruising! icon_wink.gif It could be capris or a sundress or some sort of outfit that I really only wear for the islands. icon_cool.gif Before dinner, DH and I shower and change since we typically take the 6 a.m. flight out of CT.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

I love planning my boarding day outfit although must mention I cruise in 12 days and still havent decided!

I ALWAYS pack a first night outfit as well, no matter journey, luggage restictions, whatever, I always shower and change for 1st night same as any other. icon_smile.gif

Archived