TA quoted $8,000 for cabin for 5, yikes!

chattycathy1

that sounds about right for DCL pricing.

Is it worth it? Only you can be the judge of that.

I used to sail only on DCL...I had no idea what other cruiselines charged..I assumed they were roughly the same

Imagine my surprise when I found out I could sail on other quality lines like Princess and HAL for less money and get more stateroom

But I know some people need quality kids programs and I don't need that. In that case, Disney may be worth the extra $$$$

Oh, I want to go on a Disney cruise so bad. We just got back from Disney World this month and my 2 year old was absolutely in love. I've been having sticker shock as well. Hubby and I have been on 9 previous cruises and besides our honeymoon we haven't paid anywhere near the prices of DCL. :eek: I'm also worried about paying those prices and then being disappointed. But I guess that's always a risk when trying something new. We'll see....I'll keep pricing!

This will be our first Disney Cruise and the only reason why we booked it is for our 4 year old GD. From reading the boards, on CC and others, I feel confident she will have an awesome time.

This will be her 2nd cruise, with her first being the Sovereign of the Seas. We had a Jr. Suite but elected to book an inside GTY on the Wonder, as each time she seen the water she wanted her mommy. So we opted for the inside. Not much we can do to eliminate the water on a cruise…lol

Order the free Disney Cruise DVD to get an idea of the ship and all it offers. We are sure she will be more entertained at her level than what was offered on the Sovereign. Plus, it gives DH and me a different outlook from all of the cruise lines we have been on.

I have met quite a few people on the boards, so that will also be a plus, when we introduce all of our children.

I can’t say for sure as I have not experienced it yet, but I don’t think you can wrong with booking Disney, especially if you have children. I will a better outlook after this coming week!

We booked thru southwest.com and were given a fantastic deal. Also try *****.com.

Good Luck!

Cindy

Archived