Castaway Cay Rentals

ctipton55

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is put on your room card. Even the souvenirs.

They have baby seats and helmets, and small bikes with training wheels.

No trailers there. One hour is plenty of time to ride and go all the places your allowed to ride or walk to. You ride over to the adult beach and then there is a nice trail to go down with a nice ocean view at the end and a bench to sit on if you want. They do have several ice water stations along the roads and trail so you can have cold water to drink. They are yellow barrels in a wooden frame. You cant miss them.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 4 weeks later...
Mom x4,grandma x4,

Any idea...since our GD does not meet age requirements will she be ok as long as she is with an adult for certain excursions? Banana boat, oversized water bikes...etc?

TIA again,

Cindy

She will not be able to do the Banana boat of oversized bikes. I belelive the age requirement is 9 for the BB, not sure about the oversized bikes. AND on the website you cant book a 4 yo snorkle/bike rental deal... only 5 and above. I booked it for DH, Madeline and I, but not Abigail... I hope that once we are on CC, we can get it for her.

Hi Laura,

Yes, that is what I am hoping for.

I know she will see the activities and will want to be part of them. But either way, we will show her a good time! Plus, she and Papa can go swimming together! Her floaties are packed!

Laura, are you bringing sand buckets and beach toy accessories for the children?

Cindy

Just want to throw my 2 cents in here :)

I think the above poster is referring to The Perfect Gift. Their web site is http://www.theperfectgift.cc/ I have pictures of some of the baskets that I had them make up for us for our cruise last year, on my web site. The link is below. The owner is Shirley and she is a pleasure to speak with and work with, and she does an outstanding job :)

Now as for the Banana Boat ride! Wow! I am an adult and had to hang on for dear life! LOL Our "boat" had mostly adults with a couple of 13 year old boys (my DS included) and when we got to a pretty fast speed, both of them were concerned about falling off. In fact, one lady did keep falling off. Apparently she slicked on the sun oil/lotion and she was literally flying out of her seat, and because her hands were so slippery, she could not hold onto the handle. lol My older DS who was 16 at the time and who is a big guy, felt like he was going to fall off the entire time, too. They put him in the front on the left side, and he was sitting literally up in the air, because the force from the speed, lifted the entire front of the "banana" vertically into the air. Poor kid pulled a muscle in his shoulder from the ride and could not go on to do the waverunner excursion that he had been looking forward to.

Anyway, the point of all this is, the banana boat ride is not a nice "pleasure" ride! To me, it felt similar to being on one of those bull rides, where they are TRYING to get you to fall off! I was actually concerned about the woman's head in front of me colliding with my face, I really though I'd end up with a broken nose by the end of that ride.

So think twice before bringing kids, even if they are within the age range, on this :)

Terry,

Thank you for the above link. I called and placed an order. Our GD will be so stoked. Next game plan is to make a phone call to Mickey (my cell phone) in front of my GD, to ask him if he would bring a basket of goodies for her to the cabin. :)

As for the banana boat, gosh the one in Cozumel wasn't that aggressive. But that could be because there were small children on it. It sounds like we were ripped off from that deal! ;)

She is use to riding on wave runners...but we would never go to the extremes with her. That's why I was mentioning some type of water activities she could be involved with.

Any thoughts?

Cindy

Archived