7:40 Flight from FLL, Conquest?

MrBanana1240

Trying to finalize a cruise for March/April 2015. Conquest for 6 days from FLL. There's a $157 direct flight home the day before Easter! To go 40 minutes later would tack on $140 a person, so you can see my urge to book this flight. I have no issues waking up early, and FTTF is still availiable. On my Freedom crusie, we arrived in FLL at 4:30 AM, and the cruise director said that's routine, between 4 and 6 depending n the island.

Who thinks this could work? Or am I putting a little too much hope in myself?

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever see someone disembark the minute a ship arrives and docks:rolleyes: Did you ever get to the airport, go thru the check in process, get to your terminal, get on a plane in less than an hour or two?

I see you have booked a more reasonable time, but I wonder why you'd even post a question like you did. You are a seasoned cruiser and have had flying experience, so what made you think it would work:confused:

Thank you all!

I found a flight that's just $105 extra pp later in the like, like at 12:30. I'll pay that. Gives me time to get off the ship, sleep in (ish) and go through security.

Thanks!

Good call my friend. I have self assisted off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale and taken a taxi and been to the airport within 5 minutes and still didn't get there until at least 7:45. I'm not kidding...WAY TOO EARLY!! And I'm a risk taker with flights. Always pushing the envelope of how early we can get on a flight. OMG have you seen how long those security lines can back up there? It's terrible!! Our last cruise we waited in a security line for 45 minutes!!!

Thank you all!

I found a flight that's just $105 extra pp later in the like, like at 12:30. I'll pay that. Gives me time to get off the ship, sleep in (ish) and go through security.

Thanks!

This is the last post of OP on the 18th. Not on this site since posting this, yet the answers keep coming!

Thank you all!

Thanks!

Good move! We've made a 10:30am flight without difficulty if we're in the same city (ie. not Port Everglades to MIA), and I've considered a 10am out of FLL before (with priority) but that's as close as I'll cut it...and we're pretty confident risk takers!

Enjoy :)