Anyone else see The Travel Spies on travel channel tonight?

skyking

Yeah, i watched it, as much as i enjoyed th show though, i could not help but feel bad for the butler. Personally, i believe he was very efficient, he was a butler, not a guinea pig. For instance the questions that were asked of him regarding the dinner menu, i guess butler=ship dictionary?..I am sure he had other passengers to tend to as well. I sure hope he is still employed :confused:

I caught the show after it had started, but I really need to question the ability of the agent at the Purser's desk to handle the "chowder" inquiry. In the service industry, you want to at least give the appearence that you are doing all you can to assist the guest, without seeming aggrevated or inconvenienced. I don't think she accomplished that level of service.

I hope the butler is not fired, he did put the guys family seal on every towel.

The show did teach me one thing. I will stick with my lower class cruise lines since it seems the basics are the same.

I agree. I think I'll stick to slumming it on RCCL. For the extra 3 grand.... I could bring my own butler on RCI and put him in his own suite!

I watched...it is a corny show, I mean do they really need to pretend to be someone other than themselves? I don't think "who" they "become" is a very important factor in them evaluating the service of the location. But I also came to a quick conclusion that my RC inside cabins work just fine for me. I also decided I would never need a butler, I learned a long time ago that it is easier and faster for me to just do things myself. Besides it is good exercise to walk a few flights of stairs to get popcorn and an ice tea.

I, too, thought the butler was efficient. He smiled and sewed the “family crest” on the towels. He got the drink orders straight. When that guy waited 40 minutes for his popcorn and ice tea during another request, it was not his “usual” butler and I’m sure that guy had double the cabins to contend with. Did the butlers unpack and repack up his luggage? Book his “high end $66 excursion”…I had to chuckle when he said that LOL

Also, were the prices they were quoting double occupancy or per person.

They were all single passengers and I am sure they would have been paying the double occ. rate but maybe they just said what the price pp should have been.

They didn’t delve into what exactly the butler’s service covers and what they exactly used it for with the exception of ordering drinks and popcorn.

Anyway, I really think that woman at the pursers desk needs some classes in customer service. She was rude, kept talking over the guy and disregarded his request for chowder over and over. I would have been annoyed after going there to ask her a question.

I did love the way the ship looked,the ratio of passengers to crew, and the medium age of the passengers. We usually cruise RCI since it works great for our family and kids but I told my husband this morning as we were driving into work that I would like to take a more adult cruise on a more upscale line when the kids are older and they are in college and perhaps can’t go with us on every trip LOL

I enjoyed the show for the simple fact I got to see the cruise ship and the cabins. I’ve been watching the rebuilding of the Sovereign and enjoyed seeing Part 3 prior to the Spy show.

Tivo caught it for me. I thought it was an interesting show.

Oddly enough, I had just toured the Radisson Navigator on Wednesday of this week. So, it was kind of cool to have a "review class" through the Travel Spies.

I agreed with them on the linens. There were a number of linens and other fabrics that looked like they could really use a refresh.

This tour was my first time to see a luxury line first-hand and, frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. Yes, the ship was nice. Yes, the ship was a great size; however, I didn't feel that it justified the price. Just my opinion...I'm sure there are others who feel opposite.

I watched it, thought it was interesting but I thought the girl at the pursers desk was a little rude. You could tell she was frustrated because he wasn't happy with her initial recomendation. She absolutely couldn't hide her irritation :rolleyes:

I watched it, thought it was interesting but I thought the girl at the pursers desk was a little rude. You could tell she was frustrated because he wasn't happy with her initial recomendation. She absolutely couldn't hide her irritation :rolleyes:

What got me was that she was going to charge a $15.00 Communications charge to call and get some info for the guest about where you can get good chowder.:eek: Talk about outrageous:mad:

What a very interesting show. It was the three onboard the Radisson Seven Seas doing spy cam stuff on service, and the crew. Im sure the butler was kicked off the ship when they got back to NY.

Tim

I believe others have complained about this same butler last year and he remains. He did do an excellent job of having the family crest sewn on the to Spy's cabin towels. Much of the serivce problems took place when the butler was otherwise engaged and were the fault of the room service staff. At all times the butler was polite and thoughful, if not polished.

The real issue is that of is the Butler worth the extra $3000 per person. I do not think so. Radisson needs to ensure a higher level of service, have the butler assigned to fewer passengers.

We sailed on this ship last year and are sailing on it this Wednesday. I know the Hotel Director who is most supportative of the staff. He will probably have the butler re-trained but will not can him.

I hope the butler is not fired, he did put the guys family seal on every towel.

The show did teach me one thing. I will stick with my lower class cruise lines since it seems the basics are the same.

We stayed in a regular balcony cabin last year after being upgraded from a window cabin. Next Wednesday we are slated to be in a window cabin as the Blond Spy was. As you can see all the cabins are the same size, excepting the balcony.

These spies were not typical passengers. The ship and its service are excellent. I wish they had pointed out how it is all inclusive as far as most alcohol/wine and tips.

I watched...it is a corny show, I mean do they really need to pretend to be someone other than themselves? I don't think "who" they "become" is a very important factor in them evaluating the service of the location. But I also came to a quick conclusion that my RC inside cabins work just fine for me. I also decided I would never need a butler, I learned a long time ago that it is easier and faster for me to just do things myself. Besides it is good exercise to walk a few flights of stairs to get popcorn and an ice tea.

They were over the top.

You get wonderful service on this ship in the least expensive cabin. I found Room service excellent. Butlers are nice, but at that price?

Also, were the prices they were quoting double occupancy or per person.

They were all single passengers and I am sure they would have been paying the double occ. rate but maybe they just said what the price pp should have been.

They quoted the 25% off early booking rates per person/double occupany. Bermuda taxes of $210 pp and Insurance $105 for the cheapest cabin - were not included.

The single rates vary. Some times they are as low as $100 pp. Curentely for non butler cat the percentage is 30. Is higher for the Butler cabins (I think 50).

Tivo caught it for me. I thought it was an interesting show.

Oddly enough, I had just toured the Radisson Navigator on Wednesday of this week. So, it was kind of cool to have a "review class" through the Travel Spies.

I agreed with them on the linens. There were a number of linens and other fabrics that looked like they could really use a refresh.

This tour was my first time to see a luxury line first-hand and, frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. Yes, the ship was nice. Yes, the ship was a great size; however, I didn't feel that it justified the price. Just my opinion...I'm sure there are others who feel opposite.

Am sailing this Wed. Last year we did not have guests but this year the family will accompany us. We were given a letter that we can all board together at 12noon and lunch will be included. Is only Portifino open (as last year) or is the Compass Rose main dining room open for lunch? Is the pool grill open?

Thanks

Jeanne

I watched this also and was surpised the butler signed off on showing himself on tv. I have a question though, are RSS and RC somehow connected? They both have Portofino and Conciere Clubs.

I do not believe there is a Concierge Club on Radisson Navigator, but there is a Concierge. Portifino is no extra charge, unlike on RCCL and has an antipasti bar.

Archived