Smart Casual? Not so sure...

Ok I know what formal is, duh! but Princess describes the other nights as smart casual- or country club attire. I have never belonged to a country club so I wanted to know if this is too dressy for regular non formal nights.

I have several dresses I could wear- red strapless sateen cotton just above the knee length, Matte jersey jumpsuit halter style black, white w/flower print sheath dress (Loft brand) White w/fusia flowers stretch cotton dress(wore to a summer outside wedding). Do these sound too dressy? I am reading alot about capri pants etc..- I have plenty of those, but that is not what I would normally wear to dinner even when not on a cruise, unless they were dressy. Thanks for any help with this. Sandy

Sandy,

All of your choices sound excellent. I agree with you, that a pair of capri pants is more daytime.

We were on Oceania which is "country club casual" every night, and it really means that options are open. Most of the women wore nice outfits that they would wear to a nice restaurant at home. Some men wore blazers, with or without ties. Some men wore "dressy casual" shirts, the kind you would never wear a tie with.

No one showed up in khaki's with a polo shirt and topsiders.

Jane

I absolutly agree with Jane. icon_wink.gif

DH and I love to dress up for dinner, no matter what night it is and where we are going to. Whether it be stateside or on a ship. To us, it's part of going out to a fine restaurant. icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

I agree. I just don't "do casual". Thats just me. My most casual stuff would be a cocktail dress. I hate casual stuff, wear enough of that at home and like Janet Marie says, I wouldnt dress in casual stuff to go to a fine dining restaurant.I enjoy every night on holiday being able to feel glam and feminine again. Don't get much chance at home so I make the most of the wardrobe which never gets used most of the year!

Archived