Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Bon Voyage, and thanks for this wonderful live report!

I'm interested in the Cruise Director situation. Are both Jimmy Rhodes and Ken Rush onboard? Is Jimmy the active CD, and is Ken working behind the scenes? What about Joff Eaton, who has be tweeting from onboard the ship - is he there too? As a passenger, or helping with the CD duties?

And, since this is the first time RCI has several top-ranking CDs working together, what impact (if any) are multiple CDs having on the voyage?

Any pictures of the odd shaped E1?

That's my question too -- though I realize it may not be possible given how few of them there are and whether any CCers have one of them (or visit one during a cabin crawl).

Enjoy your first night on Quantum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On the Summit we were able to turn the love seat around, and make it into a crib; but these sofas don't look like that. Sorry for that - our room attendant also stowed our car seat down the hall somewhere, so we did not have to trip over it all week. Ask for a pack and play, or bring your own.. And make sure your stroller fits through the stateroom door, so when your toddler falls asleep you don't wake him/her up when you go to your own room!!!!

Not trying to be difficult, but I don't think it's possible for them to get photos of everyone's cabin. Remember, they are on vacation and spending a lot of time providing us with great photos of the ship and answering many questions.

Agree. Thanks for saying what I was thinking.....:D

Mary I am in 8110. Just shower in bathroom. No divider and the sofa bed is not very comfy. Very hard. Will take some more pics tomorrow. We have our 3 year old with us. Was thinking of possibly doing a separate "live from" review thread from a family with young child point of view if anyone is interested

Am definitely interested. We have a toddler and I am always interested in hearing about reviews from others with young children. Please do!

Thank you for spending your vacation time entertaining us junkies on CC. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just found this thread. You are doing a great job! Very organized. I'm sorry to hear that boarding in Southampton was longer than expected. I would have thought they would have learned from the Oasis fiasco a few weeks ago.

Ship looks beautiful. We are booked for May, but still making up our minds since the Oasis turned us off to RCCL. We appreciate any and all info you can give us without taking too much time from your own vacation experience.

Thank you.

A large cabin crawl has been arranged by the excellent members of our roll call so you might find a few cabin pics going up after the crawl. Think it's tomorrow or the day after

Thank you for the info. Love this thread! Thank you for your taking time to post frequently.

Edited by Susie51