Day package hotel in Kona

zookiebird

We'll be cruising Hawaii on the POA in early March. After being almost constantly on the go for 5 days we'll be in Kona for a day I'm thinking that might be good for a "day off". Does anyone know of an area hotel that offers something like a day package? Especially would like a nice calm beach, restaurant and maybe a little bar. Many thanks for your help.

The Hilton at Waikola Beach Resort is the only one that I've heard of that sells day passes for pool use ... but to get there you'd want a rental car or have to pay about $30 each way for a taxi, and last I heard it was $160/family for a pool day pass.

However, if all you want is a calm beach, restaurant and bar, you can go to any hotel and use the beach there, and their restaurant and bar. A rental car would be the best option so that you can get to where the nicest beaches are (on the S. Kohala Coast.)

The King Kamehameha Hotel (now a Courtyard by Marriott) is right at the tender pier in Kona. This hotel has a small beach that is used by many of the cruise passengers. Even though the beach is small, there is a beach activities center there where you can rent water toys, kayaks, etc.

The King Kam has an outdoor restaurant and bar area overlooking the beach. I don't think they have day rates, and you will not be able to use the pool, but it is an easy option for what you are looking for without renting a car. Also, if you feel like taking a stroll, the town of Kona is right there along the waterfront with many shops and restaurants.

Edited by kapoho2