Travel Spies

DONDONMA

Did anyone catch the show "travel spies" on the travel channel last night????

It's a great show.....they test hotel, restaurant, cruise staff with some of the most absurd requests just to see if they will do it. Then they rate the property and present it to the management.

Last night they were on a cruise ship from NYC to Bermuda......I didn't catch the name of the ship as I was channel flipping back and forth between the Patriots game and this show. I did catch some clips while they were in Bermuda. They did Hartleys Helmut diving and they rated that good, they did a cruise of celebrity homes: they said to skip that. They went to a beach and rented snorkling equipment ( looked like Jobson cove and Horshoe) but not sure.....what I got out of it is that you can do Bermuda on any budget............

I hope they repeat the show so I can watch the whole thing.

dondonma

I saw it, too. I believe the ship was Seven Seas Navigator.

I was excited that they showed the helmet dive with Greg Hartley. They gave it a good mark. (We have booked the helmet dive with Greg when we are in Bermuda on the Crown 9/11/05-9/19/05.) :)

Fran

FRAN:

Your gonna love it...............I did it back in 1986 with the Dad, what an experience ! ! !

The helmuts are a bit smaller now than they used to be, maybe not so heavy. I felt like the diver in the aquarium. We had our pictures taken with some angel fish and got to feed them too !!!

The day after we did the helmut dive we went parasaling from the Princess beach. One day under the sea, One day over the sea. The best of both Bermuda's......

Have a great time !

Donna

I watched the show, too. Very interesting...

I wish they did what they usually do and compare different classes of hotel. Instead of doing just a luxury line it would have been fun to compare Raddison to Celebrity or Norwegion. They probably would have gotten better butler service on the mainstream line. :)

Having cruised on both Radisson and NCL I can say the Butler services is better on NCL and is certainly not worth the $3000+. We sailed on Radisson navigator to Berumda and are sailing on her next week. The Travel Spies were not the typical Navigator passenger.

What was nice was how they showed you can spend little money and have a great excursion.

Thanks, Donna. We are really excited about this trip. (But we get these same feelings with every cruise and trip we have taken. ;) )

Reese1717 and Jeanne S,

I liked hearing your comments about the butler. In May, we took Celebrity's Galaxy from Galveston to Rome. We were lucky enough to be in a Sky Suite which came with a butler. Edwin helped make our experience on Galaxy the most wonderful cruise we've had. Three weeks from Sunday, we will board NCL's Crown where we have reserved an Owner's Suite, which also comes with a butler. So, we are looking forward to another great "suite" experience. Also, we promise not to ask our butler to sew on our "family crest" on to the towels.

How will we ever be able to book a "regular" cabin without a butler again? :confused:

Fran

Last year on our Bermuda Cruise (early June) the president of Mary Kay Cosmetics was on board. Most of the passengers we met were what might be termed Upper Middle Class. Most passengers were very well read, traveled and informed in general as witnessed during the daily team quiz after Afternoon Tea. The competition was fierce. We meet several entrepreneurs, a bank president, assorted lawyers, physicians, 3 physicists, and a chemical engineer.

Everyone was extremely well dressed. The casual wear really was the recommended Country Club Casual as they would have looked at home in any exclusive club.

Many golfers on this cruise as early June were still decent golfing weather. August is considered off season for the typical Radisson passenger (which is why we got such a great deal), in that they will not wish to play golf in that heat/humidity and would much prefer the Iceland or Canada Cruise in summer.

Archived