Formal

chicklet

Our first cruise will be April/05 to the Panama Canal,on the Norwegian Sun.I must say I find these message boards very helpful,but they also scare me.I'm not a dress up kind of gal and my hubby doesn't like to dress up either,so as of now we won't be going to anything formal.Is this rude?To be honest we are very blessed to be able to take the cruise,it has been a long time dream.Sure could use your help here

You do not have to dress-up, dress-up, just dress for "Sunday Go to Meeting." My mother had a very dressy dress and my father wore a suit and tie. Some folks wear formals, some just really dress up. (Like to s wedding) The food is genrally really good on formal night so go ahead and go, if DH doesn't want to wear a tie, go with out him.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03
Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

On our last cruise our group's outfits ran the gamut. Neat, clean & respectuful will do the trick & is never rude. Check out the sale racks & you may find a bargain that surprises you. Have DH at least pack a sports coat / blue blazer.

Enjoy your dream.

Trish

Keeping it simple is always elegant. I've got black slinky pants and tank I'm wearing with a gold mesh jacket. I bought the outfit on the sale rack long ago. I also got a mesh pullover with sequins on it in the Appleseeds catalog- easy dress-up! Pretty sandals and you're ready to go.

Above all, don't fret over this! Half of the effect is a big smile and enjoying the time with the person(s) you are with. Showing that you are happy is the best accessory I can think of.

Stella Solaris '80
Carnival Celebration '92
RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01
Coral Princess '04

Formal doesn't have to be expensive. Check ebay, resale shops, etc. Just look in your wardrobe. You might be surprised how adding a dressy top, accessories, etc. can do to an outfit!

Piper
<MARQUEE>Christmas Cruise on the Elation!</MARQUEE>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;19;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Archived