Jelly Handbags?

seagulls

I've never noticed them, but if they are anything like the jelly shoes I'm sure my eyes would not register the handbags even if I saw one! Worst shoes I've ever seen--how can they possibly be comfortable? icon_confused.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Well, I just won one of these on eBay, and can't wait to get it. (And I'm 35.) icon_biggrin.gif

Funny, though, I went through eBay as I wasn't able to find one of these purses in ANY of the department stores I checked. At least, nothing that I liked or that was the right size. I'm not huge on following every trend that comes out, but I thought these were really cute. I guess to each his own...

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

[This message was edited by scarletine on 05-17-04 at 11:09 AM.]

I liked them as soon as they came out...but now, the colors seem to be getting worse! I will admit I do like the pastels....but the look is just not for me!!

Pat icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

See, I think they're whimsical. Fashion should be fun, and I like seeing the traditional styles of purses being made with odd materials. That's why I started making cigar box purses, and am soon to venture into bags made with seat belt material. icon_smile.gif

Yeah, they're the color of jelly beans, but what's wrong with that? I wear a lot of black, so I like accessories that give me a "punch" of color. icon_biggrin.gif

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

I like them. Yes, they are trendy but that's the point. Take care, Shannon

DESTINY 11/03

FASCINATION 11/02

IMAGINATION 10/01

INSPIRATION 3/96

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

I'm with you, I like anything funky and trendy (I'm 34) Have anyone seen the Kool Aid purses made from the drink packs? Soooooo Cute and Fun.

Memorial Cruise 04' Carnival Holiday

leaving in 9 days!!!!

The jelly bags might be cute for the beach. I think they look cheap and look best on high school girls.

I like some trendy and off-the-wall things, but these just look like junk to me.

Jane

JanetMarie, they're actually very heavy rubber and you can get them im a variety of opaque colors like pink and light blue. The material rather reminds me of what they use to make the rubber flip flops.

Darcie

Not sure if this will work, but if it does, it will show you what a Jelly handbag looks like!!

http://threesouthernsisters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PRODUCT10&Product_Code=0201901&Category_Code=02

Pat icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

deenms,

I have one of those "kool aid" purses and can't go anywhere without getting a ton of comments. They are so cute and fun! They don't hold a lot, but enough!

zazzy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;08;30;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100  until our virgin cruise Westerdam 8/30/04

Seagulls,

You have the story partially right. The shape of the jelly bag is stolen from the famous Hermes Kelly Bag that is crafted from fine leathers. (the Birkin Bag is also just as popular)

Hermes created the Kelly handbag in honor of Grace Kelly probably 40 or so years ago and it has remained their most popular style to date. The cost of the bag is about $4000. and there is a waitlist every year because they can't make them fast enough. (if you recall Samantha on Sex & the City trying to sneak her way into owning one by saying it was for actress Lucy Liu)

The first company to create the jelly bag over a year ago, took that famous silhouette and made it into a plastic jelly bag that sold for about $100.

It was very tongue and cheek at first and kind of an "in" joke that people chuckled at when they saw the bags being carried everywhere. But, like a joke you've heard 1000 times, it's now past it's prime and the thrill is gone. icon_wink.gif

Jane

Pat (Ollie) thanks for the link! NOW icon_wink.gif I know what they look like. Actually, I like them, but if they are on the heavy side, ugh, forget about it. By the time I add my junk in, it would really be heavy. icon_wink.gif Only kidding.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

i have 2, one in pink and one in blue. i get compliments all the time....much, much, more than with my LV, Coach, etc. bags, from women of all ages. The best part is that they're water proof icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

...until Alaska, Radiance Of The Seas

I haven't really seen these yet, but i am sure I will.

I have a cigar box purse..and it's definitely whimsical. My DH says it's silly, but I do get compliments everytime I have it on me. LOL

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...

Archived