Ross

Our Ross store just opened so I went last week. I looked in that store for an hour and couldn't find anything. I wasn't impressed at all with their merchandise. It was very sparse. Is our store just a dud? Just wondering because I've heard so many wonderful things about them from some of you here.

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Perhaps your store isn't fully stocked yet. I find lots of good buys there. The inventory is constantly changing and sometimes the racks are too crowded! icon_smile.gif

Were you looking for something in particular? I find very good prices on bras, sundresses, shorts and most casual items. I haven't found any evening wear that I like at Ross--of course, I always find the formal wear that I like at the high priced stores!---then wait for the sales icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Char, maybe you are right...probably not fully stocked or had tons of shoppers the first couple of days. I was looking for a gold evening bag. I found a silver one at TJ Maxx, but need a gold one also. I guess I'll give them another try. Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

For me also, Ross is hit and miss. You have to be willing to go through the racks and just see what's there. Also, there are some Ross stores that are way more organized than others. Some of them actually have the sizes in (pretty much) the right places, while others have the sizes all over the place.

First cruise on Serenade of the Seas, 5/30/04!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I've never had much luck at those stores - for one thing, my time is so limited, and I'm SO picky, that to peruse the racks for those great bargains is just not possible for me. Stienmart and Kohls are my two "discount" faves.

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

happysinglemom,

I'm a big Stein Mart fan also. We don't have a Kohl's here, but I wish we did. I also like outlet malls. icon_biggrin.gif

You can find some great deals at Ross but, yes, you do have to look. There are 3 within a one hour driving distance to me and all three have different things at different times. It sounds like the one near you, being new, may not have a great selection yet. I would have thought the opposite but, don't give up on it yet! I am a clearance rack fanatic so I don't mind looking--if I have the time. If I don't have time, I don't go in. I found a great Speedo tankini at Ross on Saturday for $17.99. I was very happy!!!

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Funny...I haven't been to Ross in months, but stopped there on a whim today. I rarely find anything for myself, but today I bought two great skirts & tops. I seem to "miss" more than "hit" at that store. I think you have to visit it a few times and determine when they do their restocking, that is when you will find the best selection.

Hey,

OMG I love Ross(I'm 15)....I find the greatest clothes there, even swimsuits, but it is true you have to look closely and take your time. I go almost every weekend. This weekend I got 2 great cute high heeled sandals, and a set of pajamas for my next cruises. I have bought a formal dress at Ross, it is red with beads in the shape of flowers all over one side in the front. I got it for $20.00. I do think it depends if you have patience, and are willing to put time in into it.

6/12 Triumph Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;12;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Shelia, don't give up on Ross. As everyone has said, it's a hit or miss BUT the hits can be great! The same is true with TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. In just the last few weeks I've found a $92 swimsuit for $25, $80 dress for $20, Caribbean Joe shirts for $12 and 3 summer suits for $20 each. I found these at Marshalls and Maxx but have found equally as good buys at Ross. Happy Shopping! icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I will keep going back, but will call them and ask if they've received a shipment cause it is out of my way. I did get two great things at TJ Maxx...pair of Jones New York Shorts (reg. $36 for $16.99) and a Calvin Klein pink top (reg. $32 for $14.99). Those are deals to me and it was the first time I've been able to find any clothes at TJ Maxx for two years!

I hate going to Ross...It is always complete chaos,clothes on the floor,stuff out of boxes..

I have found some great deals,perfume and home stuff mainly.We have a Burlington Coat Factory..

that is really,really nice.Very clean,organized,

huge..everything from A-Z..Great prices.We also

have a Stein Mart which I love.They do have some great deals,but still have some pretty pricey pieces.I bought a sweater for 100 bucks one year!!We have just recently gotten a Khols.

and while they do have some great prices,I find their stuff to be of poor quality.Got a pair of Dockers home,zipper came off track as I was zipping them up to hang.Washed a sundress in Woolite,it shrank and faded.What a really miss is the marvoulous outlet mall that I used to live by,in Hillsboro.This one was awesome.Liz Claiborne,Carole Little,Dkny,Van Husseun,nike,Mikasa,Eddie Bauer..I got a $250

Carole Little for 20 bucks...You had to buy out of season...but great for Sept cruises..

Sorry so long.

Rhapsody Reunion 9-12-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

1_4_51.gif

I'm the shopaholic in the family IMHO all of these store must be visited on a regular basis. Such as ross,tj maxx,and bealls outlet stores in the past month i've purchased a pair of bass leather loafers for $11.99 and cuba vera slacks for $7

I think Ross buys like closeouts and overstocks. A lot of the stuff is just plain crap that I would not want if it was given to me. But there are some jewels too. The difference in Ross and like TJ Maxx or Marshalls is their is a higher quality stuff more like what you find at Parisan or Dilliards. Ross does have some high quailtiy stuff but alot of it is junk more inline with K-Marts. You just have to pick through the junk Find out what day they get in new merchandise and stock the store and try to go that day or the next day. The really good stuff is always gone by Saturday-just the junk left.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

Archived