Dining on the Wonder

speechtcher

Does anyone know the Dinner times on the Wonder. We will be traveling in February with 5 adults and 2 children (5 & 3). I think we now have the late seating booked but I'm thinking that might be too late for the kids. Any ideas for what would be best for everyone?

Does anyone know the Dinner times on the Wonder. We will be traveling in February with 5 adults and 2 children (5 & 3). I think we now have the late seating booked but I'm thinking that might be too late for the kids. Any ideas for what would be best for everyone?

While dinner seating times can vary a bit, depending on the itinerary of the specific cruise, generally Main Seating (early) is 5:45 pm and Second seating (late) is 8:15 pm.

If you wish to be switched to Main seating, you can call DCL and have the request placed on your reservation. You TA must do this, if you used one. While requests are not guaranteed, many are. It's a good idea to "confirm" with DCL periodically (by calling) that your request is still on there (remember the squeaky wheel?).

If you still want early seating, and have requested it, if it doesn't come through before you board, you can go to where the dining changes are being handled onboard (location and times will be in the Navigator you get in the terminal when you check in).

Dining times on all the ships vary. But in general, our late dining has always been either 8:15 or 8:30. Whether it is too late for you family is up to you. But I will say early dining goes fast, is usually crowed with lots of kids and can be noisy.

If I were you, with 5 adults, go second seating and let the kids sleep thru dinner. The adults will thank you. Also, second seating dinner means early shows. A bonus for you kids.

Late dining also has "Dine and Play." The CMs from the youth activities team come to the dining room and collect any kids that the parents want to send to the programming. You just tell your server that you will be doing "Dine and Play" and they will "expedite" the kid meal service so that the kids have finished eating and are ready to go to the Oceaneer's Club while the adults finish dinner without the little ones.

This is no different than what parents have done for years except that you don't even have to get up and take the kids to the OC.