How hard is it to change your room

Doylestown5518

I booked a guaranteed balcony room without an assignment. I just learned today it's room 208 on the Legend which seems to be one of the worst rooms - it not only doesn't have a bath but is an adjoining room - my risk and my bad luck. How bad is this room and how hard is it to change. I think I rather have a non-balcony than an adjoining room and lower class bathroom - any advice. This is the first time cruising with Seabourn and I'm concerned:(

I booked a guaranteed balcony room without an assignment. I just learned today it's room 208 on the Legend which seems to be one of the worst rooms - it not only doesn't have a bath but is an adjoining room - my risk and my bad luck. How bad is this room and how hard is it to change. I think I rather have a non-balcony than an adjoining room and lower class bathroom - any advice. This is the first time cruising with Seabourn and I'm concerned:(

Being an adjoining room is not a problem. They are very well insulated and it should not make any difference. With us no bath is not a problem since we prefer showers. So that is up to you.

You can call SB and see if you can get a different suite. Suites 101-105 are a bit smaller and 101 has a different layout and anchor noise problems. The lack of juliet balcony is not a big drawback. The windows and window seats are very nice. But A1 is better than A.

So the real issue for you is whether you must have a bath or can do with a large shower only. Have you asked whether a balcony suite with bath might be available?

Edited by marazul

I am sorry about your suite assignment . Because I would be unhappy with the lack of a bathtub and/or an an adjoining suite I have only booked a GTY when there were no other options -- and then held my breath. I am sure that right now the last thing you want to hear from anyone is that we "told you so." As to the ability to change it will depend in large part on whether your cruise is sold out. Talk to your TA and if that does not work when you board ask the Hotel Manger nicely if there might be another suite available. Hopefully in the future you will select the suite you want rather than gambling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had an adjoining room on Pride last year for 36 days Singapore to Athens.

We couldn't hear the neighbours through the wall and we preferred the large shower rather than a bath, (makes the Bathroom seem larger with the curtain open)

I would keep 208 rather than say, 101!:)

I think 208 is a great suite, it's got the cute balcony and the fab shower room which is a major plus as you will be so busy having the time of your life you will appreciate being able to get ready quickly to meet back up with some great new friends and enjoy one of the last voyages of a fabulous small intimate cruise ship. The memories will be wonderful. There is no issue with the connecting door as you won't hear anything.

I promise you that after the cruise you will not only love Seabourn but also 208!

Enjoy your holiday!

PS Don't listen to any of the "Doom and Gloom Merchants"......they are just jealous...............come to think of it so am I, !

As it's your first cruise don't forget to go looking on the sticky thread for a referral coupon for $400 on board credit.

No matter which suite you have, I'm sure you'll fall in love with Seabourn, and find your suite most comfortable, and the service superb. Happy cruising!

If you can live without the tub, there is additional information that you need to consider. I have sailed in 224 & 225 on the Legend and prefer these suites over the standard tub/shower suites. The suite that you have been assigned is what I call "the day room of a double suite" and when configured as such has a dining / game table with chairs and a Murphy Bed which is folded up and secured to the wall.

The following is what you need to know: 1) the Murphy Bed has a true queen mattress (cannot be configured into separate twins as in the standard tub/shower suites) and is more comfortable IMHO as it does not have the "seam" down the centerline of the bed where the twins are pressed together.

2) The bottom of the Murphy Bed is much closer to the floor than the standard twin bed and can only accommodate luggage no more than about 13 inches thick.

3) If you are like most folks, your luggage is thicker than that and if you cannot store your luggage in the available space in the walk-in closet after unpacking (a real possibility) then you will have to store it in your suite and the best place is behind the two guest chairs across from the coffee table.

4) Initially, I was annoyed that my luggage stored behind the chairs made them jut out into the room making the suite appear to be smaller and also depressed seeing my luggage out all the time reminding me from day 1 that eventually I will have to repack and leave the ship. After a few days, I got over being annoyed and depressed and had a great time and you will too!!

Edited by PeaSea8ch

3) If you are like most folks, your luggage is thicker than that and if you cannot store your luggage in the available space in the walk-in closet after unpacking (a real possibility) then you will have to store it in your suite and the best place is behind the two guest chairs across from the coffee table.

Another option: ask the room attendant to take it away for storage.

Woops , I hit return before finishing my post. As I was saying ,the OP raised these concerns and I simply noted that IMHO both would be problematic. I am well aware some people appreciate a larger shower ,however, some of us like soaking in a tub. The adjoining suite issue depends on both how sensitive you are to noise and the luck of the draw as to whether or not you have noisy neighbors. I have only had an adjoining suite twice --- one on a little ship and one on the bigger one. While I would definitely agree that noise is transmitted more through the connecting door on the large ship I also remember being bothered by noise on the from the connecting suite on one of the little ships. YMMV.

And while I am sincerely sympathetic with the OP being assigned a suite that concerns them I merely wanted to point out that the only way to avoid bad surprises is to select your suit when you book. I am afraid that because so many posters have shared their good fortune on this board when they have landed a nice upgrade that it gives the false impression that that will always happen.i just think that if you are going to spend that kind of money on a nice cruise why risk being unhappy with your suit assignment?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another option: ask the room attendant to take it away for storage.

Unless the policy has changed recently on the Pride Class "little triplets", for the last 8 years or so, Seabourn has refused to store empty passenger luggage in the ship's hold (maybe it is a liability thing). This may or may not be the case on the Odyssey Class ships as I have been able to store all my luggage under the bed.

Unless the policy has changed recently on the Pride Class "little triplets", for the last 8 years or so, Seabourn has refused to store empty passenger luggage in the ship's hold (maybe it is a liability thing). This may or may not be the case on the Odyssey Class ships as I have been able to store all my luggage under the bed.

Last time on Odyssey my room attendant offered that as an option.

You will not be disappointed in your Suite ~I usually ask for "my house" # 137.

I prefer Deck 4 ~! What a few of us say, "the poor peoples floor."

(a couple did indeed refer to Deck 4, to me once, in the corridor as this ~ha ha)

Deck 4 ~So comfortable and handy ~

A tip, "move your vanity chair over by the window...then place one of the coffee table stools under the long vanity ~~! Alot more room ~

Seabourn assigned me #233 on my upcoming Legend Oct 27th TA Crossing. Very thoughtful as the suite is close to Purser, etc. ~ I will be trying to heal and get stronger after recent health issues ~NO fun! I am so ready to be spoiled rotten by the Legend Crew ~All really enjoy pampering us ~(we spoil them too!) The Seabourn way ~

HAVE A MARVELOUS SAILING ~ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!

Martita B

Thank you that is good to know.

We didn't need to remove our suitcase from the cabin for storage after all, as the attendant was able to fit the suitcase underneath the bed by lifting part of the bed temporarily - a trick mentioned in the post above.

Edited by sfvoyage