MORE Freeport questions

Joby

For anyone who has RECENTLY been to Freeport-- we are scheduled to be in Freeport, Friday, October 21 from 9am--6pm. We are a group of 3 including an elderly Mom.

We are going to snorkel in the morning and would like to spend the afternoon at a nice beach with chairs and umbrellas or shade (for Mom). I understand that Sheraton/Lucaya does not do day passes anymore. Is there somewhere we can rent chairs/umbrellas for an afternoon?

Our TA just returned from Freeport and checked out Paradise Cove and Xanadu Beach for us. HER opinion was that they were not that nice and she wouldn't recommend either for us. She said she was not impressed with Freeport at all (remember --her opinion). She said it did not appear that Freeport has done much to rebuild/clean up after last Fall's huricanes hit the area.

We ARE NOT going to stay on the ship that day--so...we want to see what others have recently done.The web doesn't offer much info on Freeport for day passes etc. and I have scoured this board for RECENT info.

Any suggestions--places--prices--etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

We took the excursion offered by CCL to Tranquilty Shores Beach. The water was beautiful. The kids got chairs and we sat in the bar/resturaunt area that was covered. We sat by a huge oening and could see everything! Lunch was included. The other parts of the island seemed more industrial. We enjoyed our day! This was an unscheduled stop due to Hucciane Emily. The people were so happy to have our ship come. There were bands greeting us! IMHO, the people on this island were very happy to see us versus Nassau, where we were just more foreigners! Don't get me wrong, we loved both ports. Just go with an open mind and remember, any day in port is better than a day at work!!:)

Momof4boys, thanks for the info!

BTW, if you are really the Mom of 4 boys--bless your heart! I come from a family of 3 girls, Mom had 4 sisters and all sisters had girls EXCEPT the last one was a boy. So, boys are rather foreign to our family :) !!!

We have a boy and a girl and we love both DEARLY, but I must say that boys do march to their own drummer! Not bad mind you, just different!

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Archived