Cave Tubing Experts Needed - I'm Confused

ronandannette

I'm trying to decide on a Cave Tubing excursion for our upcoming LOS cruise; we'll be in Belize on November 10. My question is: How many different cave systems are there and which one is best? There are tons of different companies offering this experience - are they all going to the same place and if not, how do you decide which one would be a better tour?

TIA :)

I think there is 1 cave system / river that everyone uses. I think some go in at different spots, but I am not positive. There are a lot of reviews about the different companies, plus a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor. We are going with .bz since it is the #1 company rated and they have a lot of great reviews on here. Plus we were able to organize a group on our message board, so we are getting a group discount.

When I was on Navigator they offered a cave tubing/jungle trek through a company called Darknight. Darknight owns the land where the caves are so only people booked with Darknight can go there. I thought it was a fantastic excursion! Our guides were funny and they knew a ton of information about the plants and trees. We walked through dry caves and a jungle area before getting to the actual tubing. Then we tubed through a couple of different caves at a leisurely pace. I've read that on some excursions you have to carry your tube on the jungle walk but we never had to do that. Our tubes and life vests were waiting for us at the entrance to the river.

Most of the private excursions booked with the places at Belize (like .bz, .com and so on) and the cruise ships all go to the same place. However, the experience will be different because of the companies. Some give you more of a personal touch and stop along the way and tell you about things while others may just truck along the path and just get to the tubing area.

Some go in at the first opening and tube down while others will go all the way and go threw all of the caves offered. Some places will carry your tubes for you while others (like the cruise ship tours) will make you carry your own. Some tubes have head rest while others don't. Some offers a lunch with the tour. Some offer add-ons like ziplining.

But the place you go to is called Nohoch Cheen.

We have been twice and used .bz I highly recommend them. I have 2 reviews listed in my signature line if you are interested. :)

Most of the private excursions booked with the places at Belize (like .bz, .com and so on) and the cruise ships all go to the same place. However, the experience will be different because of the companies. Some give you more of a personal touch and stop along the way and tell you about things while others may just truck along the path and just get to the tubing area.

Some go in at the first opening and tube down while others will go all the way and go threw all of the caves offered. Some places will carry your tubes for you while others (like the cruise ship tours) will make you carry your own. Some tubes have head rest while others don't. Some offers a lunch with the tour. Some offer add-ons like ziplining.

But the place you go to is called Nohoch Cheen.

We have been twice and used .bz I highly recommend them. I have 2 reviews listed in my signature line if you are interested. :)

Thanks, I actually went ahead and booked with .bz yesterday, mostly based on price. It appeared from the information I had (which you kindly confirmed) that there's basically only one cave system.

We just got back (yesterday) from the Conquest and used .bz for Belize. They were fantastic! The tubing itself is good but what made it such a great excursion was the guides. We had Eric and Avatar and they were fun, extremely knowledgeable and the nicest guys.

We did just the cave tubing and made it back to port about 45 minutes before last tender - their tours include lunch (with soda and rum punch) so you do have a little time to look around the port for souvenirs but not much else. The people who do tubing and zip have a shorter tubing experience - we saw were they (and some other tour companies) got out of the water and they did not look happy when they saw us keep going downstream.

Oh, and they have the tubes waiting for you near the river so you carry them for a very short distance.